help with distribution blocks

Participant count
  • Participant list

OzNath
10+ year member

So today i started reading about distribution blocks and I wish i knew about them before i ran 2 seperate power wires through my car to run both my amps.

At the moment im running one 8 gauge to my 4 channel and one stinger 4 gauge to My mono amp. I wanna know if a stinger 4 gauge from my battery to a distribution block and then 2 4 gauge wires out to both my amps will power them efficiently or would i need to run 0 gauge from the battery to the distribution block and then 2 4 gauges out to my 2 amps.

Also do i ground my amps the same way as usual. How many fuses do I need just one near the battery on the 4 gauge or 0 gauge what ever i choose to use, i would rather use the 4 gauge as that's already ran through my car and what size fuse. For example say one amp puts out a current consumption of 60 amps and the other amp puts out 40 amps would i get like a 110 amp fuse at the battery.

My one 12 inch sub is a Pioneer ts W3002D2 running of a Kenwood KAC 9105D at 1 ohm. Puts out 900 rms.

My 4 channel amp is just a old clarion that puts out 60 rms to each of my door speakers.

I just wanna get rid of that ****** 8 gauge through the car and tidy my wiring up a bit. I would run another 4 gauge to my 4 channel but i would rather run 1 power wire for both my amps.

Cheers if someone can help me with what to do as I have only started learning about distribution blocks today.

So today i started reading about distribution blocks and I wish i knew about them before i ran 2 seperate power wires through my car to run both my amps.
At the moment im running one 8 gauge to my 4 channel and one stinger 4 gauge to My mono amp. I wanna know if a stinger 4 gauge from my battery to a distribution block and then 2 4 gauge wires out to both my amps will power them efficiently or would i need to run 0 gauge from the battery to the distribution block and then 2 4 gauges out to my 2 amps.

Also do i ground my amps the same way as usual. How many fuses do I need just one near the battery on the 4 gauge or 0 gauge what ever i choose to use, i would rather use the 4 gauge as that's already ran through my car and what size fuse. For example say one amp puts out a current consumption of 60 amps and the other amp puts out 40 amps would i get like a 110 amp fuse at the battery.

My one 12 inch sub is a Pioneer ts W3002D2 running of a Kenwood KAC 9105D at 1 ohm. Puts out 900 rms.

My 4 channel amp is just a old clarion that puts out 60 rms to each of my door speakers.

I just wanna get rid of that ****** 8 gauge through the car and tidy my wiring up a bit. I would run another 4 gauge to my 4 channel but i would rather run 1 power wire for both my amps.

Cheers if someone can help me with what to do as I have only started learning about distribution blocks today.
Yeah, just use the 4 gauge and you'll be fine. Your fuse up near the battery needs to be fused FOR THE WIRE, not for the amps. Me personally I tend to fuse my 4 gauge with 125 amp fuses but I guess it really depends on the quality of your wire, I wouldn't be able to tell you..

Cheers for the reply and the help. I think my fuse is 150 or 175 amp stinger fuse as it's a quality stinger wiring kit and do I just ground my amps like usual. I don't gotta ground the distribution block or anything just run my grounds from each amp cheers?

Cheers for the reply and the help. I think my fuse is 150 or 175 amp stinger fuse as it's a quality stinger wiring kit and do I just go und my amps like usual. I don't gotta ground the distribution block or anything just run my grounds from each amp cheers?
Yeah, just ground each amp as usual. Rule of thumb the shorter the ground the better. Less than 2 feet is the best. Make sure you sand the paint off so it gets good contact.

Yea cheers for the help and yeah I gotta fix my ground up it moves, crap little screw holding it hahah, got a get a bolt and a washer onto it. i already done the big 3 upgrade in stinger 0 gauge and bought a Optima yellow top D34 battery //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Yea cheers for the help and yeah I gotta fix my ground up it moves, crap little screw holding it hahah, got a get a bolt and a washer onto it. i already done the big 3 upgrade in stinger 0 gauge and bought a Optima yellow top D34 battery //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif
Nice. Be careful with the ground moving. It will spark if you're playing loud music. Has happened to me in the past and gotten really really hot.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.