Help with decision

TheGarageMaster
10+ year member

I am getting ready to start my 2007 Dodge Charger Super Bee SRT project. I love JL Audio so don't rip on it please. Anyway my stock door speakers are either 5X7's or 6X9's either way I have been told that size speaker gives a good mid bass so I am thing ZR570's over the ZR 650's as the round speaker won't produce as much mid bass. Here's what I am thinking.

Front stage 2 ZR570's or ZR650's with the JL 300/2

Rear stage the same

Haven't decided the truck but W7's with 2 JL 500/1's. (Not doing 13's I would like the 12W7's but probably do 10W7's.

Look for overall input but more importantly the mid bass for the doors.

I'd probably go with the round speakers. I've tried both round and oval and I think the round definitely are cleaner than the oval. That's my opinion. I guess it could have been the speakers I had. I'd go and take a listen to both of them at a shop and see from there. If you're like me, you'll like the round better.

Thanks carlionne1 those are some good prices. I understand what everyone is saying but I still believe Image Dynamics and JL Audio make some high end components for a reason. I still haven't decided yet, I have ordered the Jl 300/2's already and the 12W7. Still have the doors to order and a JL 1000/1 to go.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.