Help With Configuring Sstem, Please

Participant count
  • Participant list

Core-Lokt

Texas
Hello, all. I'm going to start off by saying I don't know really anything about car audio. I know you'll need specs on stuff to help. I now know I don't have the basis for a hard-core audiophile's setup, and that's fine. I simply want some improvement.

Now, the current system. It's an Android HU which I value for internet and computing. The four stock factory speakers were replaced with some Kicker DS-series with specs below.

Front doors: 6X9; power 2-90W RMS, 360W peak, 4 ohms impedance

Rear doors: 6.5; power 2-60W RMS, 240W peak, 4 ohms impedance

I also have a pair of 3.5" speakers I've yet to install as I decided I'd want to ask on how to proceed. They are also Kicker DS-series.

Dashboard: 3.5; power 20W RMS, 80W peak, 4 ohms impedance

I would like to know what size amplifier to purchase, should I have a sub-woofer (and can an amplifier power it or does it need separate amplifier) and what gauge wire for the amp(s) cables and speakers. I found out about line output converters, but I'd rather not use one of them. I'd prefer to run new wires.

I watched some videos on installing an upgraded system in a Dodge Ram pickup and the amp used was specifically mentioned as being compact. So, I'll include a link to it. PN5.640D | Soundstream I have a hard-wired inverter under the rear seat, so compactness helps.

If there's anything else you need to know, please ask. Thanks in advance for any help.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.