Help with components

Participant count
  • Participant list

Silver Supra
10+ year member

NC
Source is a Nak CD-45Z, amp is a DLS A5, Single 10" sub - but the components are up in the air.

I'm probably stuck with 5.25's in the door - MAYBE 6.5... but doubt it.

I am going for SQ ... and absolutely hate bright tweeters. I listened to the K2 Focals driven by an Audison and they were very good - but a bit pricey. I'd like to stay around $300.

I likstened to the Diamond Hex's with the silk tweeter and was pretty impressed - the mid-bass was not nearly as good as the Focals however.

What else should I check out?

Thx

Jim

I'd go for one of the new component sets with the high excursion mids, such as Kicker SS56.2 or MTX TXC5.1... set the crossover lower than normal, such as around 60 hz. for more midbass.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.