CDT audio 6.5 slim mount

Participant count
  • Participant list

aquafang

Has anyone seen or heard these. THey look like they have a tiny magnet? How do they sound for midbass? I couldn't find any mounting depth specs or power handlin specs on their web site. Their regular 6.5 coax is 2.5" mount depth. so I'm assuning its less. If anyone has heard these I'd like to hear about them. The regual CDT 6.5's are really suppose to be nice and expecially for the price!

I have a pair in my rear doors in my GMC Sierra. The magnet isnt that tiny. I actually think they sound very very very good for being a slim speaker the midbass is really good with a properly deadened door. On the back of mine it says 80w max 40w nom. I push them with 60 watts each. I bought them for $40 and i am very pleased with them. They add the perfect amount of rear fill (i like surround sound), highs are great and detailed. They can get loud if you need them too also.

where on earth did you get them for $40? Is there much difference in the slims and the regular CDT's? they are both around $99/pr. Is the sound quality the same? the slims look like then have an angled tweeter and different woofer material.

I bought them off ebay... heres a pic

slims, Carbon fiber cone and then HD-6's

img3165kl7.jpg

The tweets on the slims are ontop of a plastic rod that can be angled slightly (maybe 15 degrees) i think the woofer material is the same as on the HD-6's

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

aquafang

aquafang
Warner, SD
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from
AphexTwin