Help with choosing EQL and Crossover

Participant count
  • Participant list

fns69ss
10+ year member

I am looking for some ideas on a good EQ and Crossover. I would really like them to be built together rather than have 2 more additional things to add the car.

This is the system I am running now in a 95 3000gt.

HU- Panasonic 7301u

Front Speakers - Infinity Kappa Perfect 6.1 or MB Quart PCE-216 (haven't made up my mind yet)

Amp for front Speakers - Infinity Kappa 54a (Bridged 4 channel, putting out 150W RMS x 2)

No rear speakers right now.

Sub - Infinity Kappa 10" VQ (Box ported to 32hz)

Sub Amp - Rockford 401s (bridged to 400W RMS x1)

1 Farad Digital Cap (Rockford).

I started looking at some EQ's and Crossovers and found this one.

Audio Control Concert Series

and

Audio Control EQL Series 2

But I wasn't sure on how nice it was or if it was an overkill for the system i am running. I would like the equalizer to have as many Bands as possible but within a reasonable price range (less than 200 off ebay). I am not into anything flashy and would definately prefer a trunk mount system rather than in dash. So any sugjestions would be great.

Thanks

do you already have amps? The new Zapco digital referance amps are going to kick ass. They basically added a 30 band parametric EQ to the input of each channel (I think- this is not 100% verified fact) this would be an awesome way to go. They may even be my nest amp/s

Yeah i already have both amps. The only thing i am lacking right now are the door speakers and i am still compliplating putting another set of components in the rear where the 6x9's were. But they will probably just be the exact same that are going in the door.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.