• Boston pro

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Boston SPZ60

Votes: 2 14.3%

• Total voters

chrisct
10+ year member

lousiana
I am looking for a new/used set of components for around $450 or less that would get the most out of a Sundown Sax-100.4D amp. I am looking for components that will get "LOUD" to hang with a 15" RE-XXX sub, but not distort doing it. I would prefer a set that would get "LOUD" without sounding shitty, than one that one with not as much output but better SQ.

I have been doing some research and a lot of speakers fit in the price range. I just don't know which ones would be best for my aforementioned goal to get loud while still sounding good.

Here are some speakers that fall into the price range, feel free to suggest any speakers that u think would better suit my needs.

Focal KR2/K2P ----used or ebay

Morel TEMPO 6 ----200$(ebay)

Morel DETECH OVATION 6 ----400$(ebay)

Morel HYBRID OVATION II 6 ----find used

Morel Elate ----find used(saw some for $500 ebay yesterday)

Rainbow CMX ----300$ online

Rainbow Germ ----find used

Rainbow Profi Vanadium Line ----find used

Hertz MLK 165(MILLE) ----find used ($400-$450)

Hertz HSK 165(HIGH ENERGY) ----$250 online

Hybrid clarus ----find used

ReAudio XXX ----$320 ebay'

BOSTON PRO ----find used or online

Boston SPZ60 ----find used or online

Thanks for the advise. Alot of people have been saying to go with the Boston SPZ60. Do yall know how it compares to the Focal K2P or kr2. Thanks

Depending on the vehicle, why not just do a set of horns and a good midbass. Loud as f**k and sound **** good doing it.

Thanks for the advise. Alot of people have been saying to go with the Boston SPZ60. Do yall know how it compares to the Focal K2P or kr2. Thanks
I would also like to compare these speakers, just not sure where to hear them in person in dallas

Focal K2P/KR2

Morel Tempo 6

Morel DETECH OVATION 6

Morel HYBRID OVATION II 6

Morel Elate

Rainbow Germ

Ranibow Profi Vanadium

HertsHSK(High Energy)

HertzMKL(Mille)

Re Audio xxx

Boston pro

Boston SPZ60

Out of all those I've listened to, I would suggest either the Dotech Ovation 6 or the MLK165. The Dotech gives great output and the tweeter is a little more laid back. The MLK165 gets LOUD as HELL but and the tweeter can get a little aggressive at times in the small chamber. Good thing is if you can fit it, you can use the large chamber. The focals are nice but a little sharp for my taste. Bostons are a well balanced set but they are like that character on a video game that has avg everything. Nothing stands out too much but its a solid performer. The rainbow germs IMHO have a great tweeter but lack midbass compared to some of the others listed. The vanadiums have a nice tight mid and great tweet but lack a little low end umph.

Hope this helps.

Thanks a lot for the advise everyone. Keep it coming //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif. I am still doing research on everything yall mentioned. Prob this week I will be making a purchase.

May not be the size your looking for but my Old School Kicker Resolution set would get as loud if not louder then most of those listed... People overlook them becasue the name. Just check out the build quality in my FS thread.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...