Help with Building.....

Participant count
  • Participant list
I wanted to repost this too add some other things.

I have a 1994 Dodge Ram Truck.

I don't listen to a lot of rap, just on different occasions.

I mostly listen to rock, (i.e. Staind, Korn, Sevendust, Tool, etc..)

I am looking to spend between $800-$1000.

I have a 200 Watt Pioneer Head Unit, it may be sold, may not, when I sell the truck it's in.

I would like for someone to put together something they would recommend between that price range, subs, spearkers, amps, head unit, whatever. Thanks in advance too everyone who helps with this.

How much room do you have to work with in your truck? Do you like huge teeth rattling bass or just a good solid bottom end sound? Does the $800-$1000 include installation or are you hooking it up yourself?

is it extended cab or standard? i have an extended cab, my set-up is below. pics of the box are on the way soon.

I don't mind bass, but like I said, I listen to a lot of rock, that has bass, but not like Snoop Dogg Master P type bass. It's a standard size cab. The installation will come free if I buy it at like Best Buy, Ultimate Electronics, etc....

i would suggest a pair of 8's in a sealed enclosure. if your short(no offence) then maybe 10's in sealed. not for sure what best buy carries.. but eclipse 8708's(8" sub) would be perfect. a good mix of sound quality and loudness. a bd360.2 pushing them would be good. try to keep th hu, if not get one comparable. mb quart, eclipse, alpine, or focal 6.5 componets up front of the head unit or a (drawing a blank on amp) 100 wrms amp for those. to save money a good 6x9 coaxial would work up front.(my ram has 6x9 fronts[in doors]i assuming yours does to) to lay it out;

subs: eclipse 8708

enclosure: sealed

amp: fosgate 360.2 or something caomparable (jl 350/1?#?)

speakers:6.5 componet set in custom plate(not for sure on any model#'s)

speaker amp: still drawing a blank

hu: the one you have

hope that gives you some ideas

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.