Help with building a computer

12voltz+-
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
lorain OH
i think thats a bit much for a general pc things i would change

1. burner ditch that for one that has bd rom or add a bd player that way you can watch blu-rays as well as burn

2. stay away from seagate lately they have gone down the crapper quality wise go western digital instead

3. cpu AMD Athlon II X3 445 Rana 3.1GHz Socket AM3 95W Triple-Core Desktop Processor ADX445WFGMBOX $73.99 the cpu you chose is a good one but watching movies and surfing web your not going to need all that muscle.

4. mobo is ok personally i would go asus instead but that more of a personal preference than anything else

in reality you could get to your goal with a lot less $$ i would say around $350 without case your picking Porsche parts for a delivery truck //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif the money you save could be put into a good ht video card

ohhh fyi right now tiger direct has 500gb wd hard drive for $29 i think with promo code

I have an asus mobo and i love it. I havent heard anything good about GSKiLL either so maybe pick something along the lines of crucial

EDIT: you dont game, gskill should be fine

Audio hardware is still something i'm learning about, but PC hardware is where I can really help.

As for your motherboard, you are going to want this:

Newegg.com - ASUS M4A88TD-V EVO/USB3 AM3 AMD 880G HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX AMD Motherboard

It has on-board video and HDMI out. Also if you decide you do want to game, you can slap an AMD video card in there and and run hybrid crossfire later on.

The processor, I highly recommend just grabbing up a quad core.

Newegg.com - AMD Phenom II X4 945 Deneb 3.0GHz 4 x 512KB L2 Cache 6MB L3 Cache Socket AM3 125W Quad-Core Processor HDX945FBGIBOX

I'm not a big fan of seagate, but I hear they have improved greatly since 7200.12 version released. I went with seagate once, the performance was not too great, but I also had an older model. I pretty much stick with Western Digital.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.