Help with bridging my amp for my components

Participant count
  • Participants list

nags
10+ year member

I've got an Arc X2 850.5 Amplifier powering a set of Hertz MPK 163.5 PRO's in the front and a set of Hertz MPX 690.3 PRO's in the back. I think I'm underpowering both of these and would like to bridge the amp to just power the 163.5's and eliminate the 690.3's in the back. I understand I use the positive and negative from 1/2 and 3/4 combined to go out to the front speakers. But I'm unsure what to do with the RCA inputs on the amp. I've included links to everything below;

Amp;

Hertz MPK 163.5 PRO;

Hertz MPX 690.3 PRO;

I've got an Arc X2 850.5 Amplifier powering a set of Hertz MPK 163.5 PRO's in the front and a set of Hertz MPX 690.3 PRO's in the back. I think I'm underpowering both of these and would like to bridge the amp to just power the 163.5's and eliminate the 690.3's in the back. I understand I use the positive and negative from 1/2 and 3/4 combined to go out to the front speakers. But I'm unsure what to do with the RCA inputs on the amp. I've included links to everything below;

Amp;

Hertz MPK 163.5 PRO;

Hertz MPX 690.3 PRO;

View attachment 31815

They don't change
Just leave them where they are
Just an FYI
You will now be running at 2 ohms on an amp that states 4 ohms for bridged
On a front end setup it won't matter or do any harm
Just be careful if you start doing it with subs

They don't change
Just leave them where they are
Just an FYI
You will now be running at 2 ohms on an amp that states 4 ohms for bridged
On a front end setup it won't matter or do any harm
Just be careful if you start doing it with subs

So it wouldn't be 250x2 @ 4 ohms? That's what I'm going for....I think.

Screenshot_20210828-065234.png

Your amp should have a manual to show how to bridge exactly. That’s the easiest way; because you can just copy.

Usually 1/2 and 3/4 are front/rear. In this case, you 1/2 is left and 3/4 is right side. So if your amp has 2 sets of RCA’s, then you’d want your left side signal going to 1/2 and your right side signal going to 3/4.

So you want to make sure that the amp has the correct left/right RCA’s signaling the correct channels. If you can find the amp manual and post it up, I can look at it. You can send it to me too, privately, if you want.

This looks correct. Iirc most bridging that I’ve seen happens in the two outside speaker outputs, where you leave the middle two disconnected.

You can usually overpower door speakers, depending how you your high pass is setup, because music is so in and out. The full power is rarely used, but be careful with how much bass or midbass you run, at least at first. I had my doors crossed over kind of high, because I had 150w components and a very underrated 200w per door. I usually crossed at 80-100 hz, and man, they were so loud. Just be careful, take your time to listen to the power properly. Maybe set your HPF kinda higher and then slowly let it down, over time, and you’ll notice if the speakers are distorting or not sounding right. Adjustable db/octave slopes can really help have some bass lower in the doors, without it overpowering the coil, if you had that option, like 18db/octave or 12/dB octave, if you’re braver lol.

I’ve fried some doors speakers with too low of crossovers haha. They don’t move enough to flow out the heat like a sub does, so just be mindful.

Last edited:
See the + and - at the bottom? That’s the two terminals you use for bridged at 4 ohms.

And that'll get me 250x2?

So take 3/4 out and trash them. Then split the front left and rights from 1/2 between 1/2 and 3/4 and leave everything else as-is?PXL_20210827_172015056.jpgPXL_20210827_172008345.jpg

And that'll get me 250x2?

So take 3/4 out and trash them. Then split the front left and rights from 1/2 between 1/2 and 3/4 and leave everything else as-is?View attachment 31829View attachment 31830

I need to see all of the RCA names. Your amp might automatically know that it's bridged, and you may not have to move RCA's at all, except maybe unplug the ones you don't need. Above channel 1 it says "2 CH INPUT." If you could take a pic and move that wrapped wire out from in front of the labels of the RCA's (that are above the RCA's females on the amp), that would help.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...