Help with Boat wiring..

Participant count
  • Participant list

r33pwrd

So I am not an audio guy but a handy guy that would like to install his own stereo (I have installed a few systems over the years but been about 10 years)

Here is what I have:

-Exile XM80.5 5 channel amp

-Exile XM30.2 2 channel amp

-Exile 12" sub

-6 Wet sounds 6.5" XS-650 speaker (4 ohm)

-4 Samson S9HD horn speakers (for the tower) (4 ohm)

I will run the 4 Samson off the 2 channel amp wired in parallel to be 420W at 2 Ohms per channel

I will run the sub from the 5th channel on the 5 channel amp but I am struggling on the best way to run 6 speakers off the other 4 channels. My instinct is to run 2 pairs in in parallel and than bridge the other two channels for the third pair? I assume I can do this but not sure?

Any thoughts or input. Please remember I am not an audio guy but am capable of doing what I am told //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Thank you Brad

you can run two speaker pairs in parallel, then the third set on their own channels in stereo - no bridging. how to pair them depends on where they are. each speaker will get nearly the same power.

I'm guessing you have two bow speakers and 4 speakers in the main seating area.

Put the bow speakers on their own pair of channels, and wire the other 4 on the two remaining channels.

you can run two speaker pairs in parallel, then the third set on their own channels in stereo - no bridging. how to pair them depends on where they are. each speaker will get nearly the same power.
okay thank you! I could not remember if you could bridge one set and not the other.

I'm guessing you have two bow speakers and 4 speakers in the main seating area.Put the bow speakers on their own pair of channels, and wire the other 4 on the two remaining channels.
Yes you got it. So considering I have 3 pre outs should I run the fronts to the front and rear inputs (with a Y) and the sub to the sub on the 5 channel. Than the rear set to the amp for the towers? Or run all to the 5 channel and split the rears for the towers?

Thank guys!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.