Help with amplifier impedance

Participant count
  • Participant list
Hello, I am trying to find out the ohm stability of my amplifier. I am adding another amp & 2 speakers and trying to find the best way to hook them up. I have diagrams and such but i need to know the stability of my amp if anyone can help...

The amplifier is a powerbank p2000.2

I am hooking it up to 2 Kicker CVR 12" Dual voice coil

If you do not know the stability of this amp, maybe you can just tell me which way to hook it up, (i.e. series, parallel,2 ohm,1 ohm, etc etc etc.....)

Thank you in advance

Jason

Last edited by a moderator:
couldnt tell you honestly. Ive had them about a year from my old truck. I had them hooked up to a dual channel amp before just hooked up str8. I am wanting to bridge it and unsure of the exact specs because i no longer have the info on them. This is why i am asking the question. I can tell u that it is just the standard everyday CVR that best buy and the other electronics stores sell for around $100.00 each

i am not looking for the loudest thing in the world or anything just more than what i have at the moment... I googled it quite a few time in many different ways, unsuccessfully.. What way would u hook this up if it were you?

i am not looking for the loudest thing in the world or anything just more than what i have at the moment
see the problem is the standard cvrs if they are dvc come in both 4ohm and 2ohm so we can't tell you how to wire it with out knowing what ohm load the dvc is... worse comes to worse check the back of the sub...

---------- Post added at 06:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:26 PM ----------

Dual voice coil = dvc

heres the thing if you go down you will be 1 ohm, from the look of the youtube vid on your amp i would say not 1ohm stable so i would go parallel and final 4ohm load safe for the amp and subs but please find another amp soon...

that way we don't have to answer the what happened to my amp questions... lol but heres the thing if you have dvc 2ohms you will either have .5ohm which i know for a fact that amp can't handle or a 2 ohm load in which i'm not sure that amp can handle bridged either... try to find out the dvc ohm and then wire to 4ohms...

Ok, i figured out that they are 4 ohm dual voice coils..... Now, what would be the best way to hook up???
lol amp could cut off, overheat or die, catch fire... lol start smoking... who knows... more than likely it will just kill the amp and your back at square one looking for a amp...

so 4 ohm parallel would be the best situation? I looked at the back of speaker and they r 4ohm so at least i know that part of it. I know the amp is not the best and i will be getting another soon but at the moment kinda strapped. And if u know a good brand of affordable amp please do say something. By affordable, i mean cheap that will last a little while at least

Jump each coil on each. Which means pos on one side to neg on the other side. Makes 8 ohms each sub. Then wire up the remaining pos of each sub to each other and remaining neg of both subs to each other. You should have a impedance of 4 ohms. The the pos goes from the subs to the pos of the amps first channel and neg from the sub to the amps neg of the second channel Wire the speakers direct to the deck using the decks power. All done Set gains properly

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.