help with alt desision.

splwj47
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Veteran
so im looking at 2 different alts for my jeep. one is a mechman 320 amp alt for 550 +shipping, the other is a singer alt which is a 275 amp alt for 467 shipped. im having a hard time deciding which one to get. im going to be upgrading to a IA 40.1 amp and am running a dc 175.4 which will be puttin out about 400rms to my front stage. would the 275 be good enough i like the price, but i wouldnt mind the extra amerage for the mechman. is it worth the extra 150 bucks for the 320amp alt?

If you have the cash the mechman is worth the extra imo. I've read good things about Singer alts too though. All depends on how much you are willing to spend really...the extra amperage can't hurt!

Did you try excessive amperage? He makes some of the least expensive alts and the quality doesn't fall far behind DC
i checked there site for an alt for my vehicle, didnt find one. i never contacted him either tho. ill have to shoot them an email and see if they got anything for me.

i checked there site for an alt for my vehicle, didnt find one. i never contacted him either tho. ill have to shoot them an email and see if they got anything for me.
You have to contact him direct, he doesn't post much on his site. An alt for my pathfinder was around $100 cheaper than DC and mechman

so i got a bit of an update. the singer alt will do 190 amps at idle and the mechman will only do 160 at idle. waiting to hear from excessive.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.