Help with 5 channel amp wiring

Participant count
  • Participant list

Nineties_kid88

Hi, I've got a 5 channel 1200w alpine amp and a CZ302A clarion head unit that only has 2 sets of RCA outs.

I'm wondering how I'd got about wiring a 250w sub and 2 rear speakers up to it.

I'm pretty sure the easiest way to go about it would be just bridging the 2 rears but my speaker are only rated at 85W RMS and my amp is rated at 90W per channel. So would that destroy my speakers?

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi, I've got a 5 channel 1200w alpine amp and a CZ302A clarion head unit that only has 2 sets of RCA outs.
I'm wondering how I'd got about wiring a 250w sub and 2 rear speakers up to it.

I'm pretty sure the easiest way to go about it would be just bridging the 2 rears but my speaker are only rated at 85W RMS and my amp is rated at 90W per channel. So would that destroy my speakers?
Your amp specs is:

4 Ohms: 60W RMS x 4 Channels + 250W RMS x 1

2 Ohms: 90W RMS x 4 Channels + 350W RMS x 1

Bridged 4 Ohm 180 RMS x 2 Channels

I don't recommend running any mids under 4 ohm. But what you said is confusing because you didn't state what Ohm is your mids but since you said your speakers are 85 and the amp give 90 I'll assume their 2 Ohm. The amp you have can really only handle bridged 4 Ohm. So just run down to the local audio store or any electrical store and grab two "1 Female RCA to 2 Male RCA". Just plug them into one set of RCA and use all for for the mids part of the amp.

I CAN'T REALLY UNDERSTAND WHAT YOUR ASKING BECAUSE IF YOUR CONNECTING 2 SPEAKERS (NOT 2 PAIR) + SUB YOU ALREADY HAVE ENOUGH RCAS TO DO THE JOB.

Ok sorry about the confusion. Scrap all of that. My 6x9s won't fit in the subby anyway. So I'm going to take them back and get 4 standard size speakers and wire them all up to the amp.

Sound better?

So that brings us back to what do I do about running 5 channels off my 4 channel HU?

Will this work:

-Run the front RCA to the front channel on the amp

-Run the rear/sub RCA via a y-connector to the rear and sub in on the amp.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.