Help with 2 dual 2ohm subs

Participant count
  • Participant list

e6ug

traded an old xbox for 2 Rockford Fosgate Punch P2 P2D210 in a Bassworx Enclosure. i pulled the speakers out and tested them with my dmm. the first one i tested read right at 2 ohms on both voice coils. the second one i tested both voice coils tested at 1 ohm??? these subs are identical but are testing at different ohms. i am wanting to hook them up to a Prime R500X1D 500 watt mono amp that i already have.

do you guys think the sub testing at 1ohm is bad? should i just wire them up and test them?

i planed on wiring to the amp at 2ohms.

Faulty , i highly doubt. Reconed or you didnt test it properly. They only made dual 4 or dual 2 ohm subs. More then likely its a dual 2 or its been reconed.

Try wiring them in series parralell at a 2 ohm load on your amp then test them both together and see what it says.

Last edited by a moderator:
Be sure to wire your subs voice coils in series to get a 4 ohm load for each sub, then wire your leads together in parallel - Check and see what you end up with, it should be at 2 ohms...

i have it wired opposite. have it ran parallel in the box, on the outside of the box i have a wire from neg post across to pos post, then the remaining + & - running to the amp, when i test the leads to the amp it bounces from 2.8-3.1 i must be doing something wrong.

when i had both subs out of the box one tested right at 2ohms on both coils and the other at 1ohm both coils. i am new to this and it really doesn't make much sense to me .//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/confused.gif.e820e0216602db4765798ac39d28caa9.gif

---------- Post added at 12:41 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:40 AM ----------

i have it ran just like this

Well i will tell you this, It will NEVER be exactly 2 ohms.... it will more then likely be a little above, sometimes a little lower. and when i say a little im saying like 2.14 etc.. just barely.

RUn it series inside and paralell in the box, or if you still want to switch it outside the box run paralell outside.... if your getting close to 2ohms when testing both together then your fine. The only reason i can think of the other would be 1ohm on both coils is if it were reconed in which case you either need to get a new dual 2 or dual 1 ohm sub because one sub will always be getting more power and it will sound like a rhino fart.

i hooked it up this morning, it hits hard but sounds like total crap //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crap.gif.7f4dd41e3e9b23fbd170a1ee6f65cecc.gif looks like i will be buying another sub.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.