help wiring speakers in series/parallel.

JamesChilds

I'm trying to help my friend get his wall working properly and he has a total of 12 speakers to run on 4 Channels. Thats 3 speakers per channel. Need help find the best way to wire these getting them as close to 2 Ohms but not below. If need be we can do 4 Speakers per channel over 3 Channels and use the 4th channel for tweeters. If this can't be done please inform me of better way to set this up //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif thanks.

Well, there 4 ohm each, I assumed 99% of 6.5 inch speakers are 4ohm. Anyways, I don't know the difference between d1 and d2 speakers //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

firts you must know what is the max total load of your amp....when parallel two speakers remember the more the load..example if you have 2pcs.spkr with 4ohms..when connect it in parallel connection toata of 2ohms....you must know the max load of you amp..

mo but the main target on this is your maximum load of your amp..to much load can harm your amp...also on speaker dual coil have also dual ohms like 4ohms and 4ohms when parallel it 2ohms..when series connection 8ohms..load

example if your 1 channel amp has a max load of 2ohms....if have have 2 speaker with 8ohms rating you can connect the speaker fits parallel the speaker connect to amp...total of 4ohms...if 4pcs speaker parallel connection 2ohms total...

Omg I feel stupid. This is the op by the way. I assumes all 6.5" mid range speakers were single voice coil. Anyways..

They are all single voice coil 4ohm mid range 6.5s and I need them wired to 2 ohms. I believe I have to wire 2 sets of 2 in series, then the two sets together in parallel? Also, can this be done on tweeters?

Omg I feel stupid. This is the op by the way. I assumes all 6.5" mid range speakers were single voice coil. Anyways..They are all single voice coil 4ohm mid range 6.5s and I need them wired to 2 ohms. I believe I have to wire 2 sets of 2 in series, then the two sets together in parallel? Also, can this be done on tweeters?
what you said will get you back at 4ohm. 2 4ohm mids in series = 8ohm. 2 4ohm mids parallel = 2ohm

Can be done with ANY speaker as long as the amp is stable for the final ohm load

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.