HELP!!! Wiring & sub...

Participant count
  • Participant list

rmeekerwrx

First post here, so if I am missing any details I apologize.

My current setup includes:

Head Unit - JVC KW-NT500HDT

Front Door Speakers - Alpine SPR-60 6.5" Type-R

Rear Door Speakers - Alpine SPS-410 4" Type-S

Amp - Hifonics ZRX1000.4 1000 watt peak power, Class A/B, 2/3/4 channel.

Cadence 2 Farad Capacitor.

I was very limited in speaker options due to weird sizes of my WRX.

My main question is about adding a sub. I have the amp and capacitor already mounted on a custom rack and really do not want to change it. Is it possible to parallel wire the four speakers to channel 1/2 and then bridge channel 3/4 and wire the sub to that?

I am also not sure what type of sub to go with? I am leaning towards as an Alpine type R 12" as I know this will fit in the box I have. But I am not sure If I should go with 2 or 4 ohms, and if I should go with single or dual voice coils, also what power level it should be?

Any advice would help and be extremely appreciated as I am not too knowledgeable when it gets into the fine details of things.

I would get a separate amp for the subs, Personally I have 2 alpine type r's powered by a Hifonics Brutus BRZ1200.1D it's $150 now on sonic electronix, if you want it balanced, i'd say 300 rms per sub is good the amount of bass you want is up to you, what size fits in the box? and for sure go with dual voice coils, it opens up a bunch of options, such as wiring 2 subs in series to 8 ohms or wiring 2 subs down to 1 ohm like I have, the 2ohm one could be wired to .5 ohms, but it's hard to find a amp that's stable then, I think they type r's are great with the brutus amp, i'd suggest it

and to answer your question, I think as long as you don't go beyond the rated ohm rating, as in if it's rated to do 4ohm loads or 2 ohm loads, don't go lower than 2, going above is always okay though, I don't know for sure so I wouldn't take my word, but it should be fine, but I really suggest a separate amp

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.