help wiring alpine HU

Participant count
  • Participant list

ky babyn
10+ year member

im having trouble wiring in my alpine 9831 head unit to my 88 corolla GTS. i have connected the yellow battery to power and black to ground. i havnt hooked up the remote or the illumination or the red ignition. i cant seem to find where to hook up the red ignition and the orange ilumination. i have another red wire on my wiring harness and a brown one from the old HU left over. i tried temporarily hooking the red to the red and tried turning it on and nothing happens. do i have to have my RCA's and amp hooked up two turn on my HU. what does the ilumination wire due is that the feature that when you turn on your headlights it dims the face plate? help me out!

i just had that same problem with a friends 90 model. i hooked red and yellow to red. no problems. no battery drain after 24 hrs.(voltmeter) try that and see if that works.

ya i got it it was the gray wire. i called a shop and they said it should be black with a red stripe and i found that farther under the dash but it must change into a gray. funny it even said black with red on the wiring diagrams i found. anyways its working.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.