HELP WIRING 2 amps and 2 DVC subs

Pitbull2o08
10+ year member

ok..i have 2 pioneer DVC 4 ohm subwoofers. they're rated at 350RMS. i also have a pioneer GM-5100T and GM-5000T rated at around 350rms X 1 @ 4 ohms.... bridged i'm assuming.. so what do you think i should do...i'm stumped. should i just sell them then get one mono amp that's 1 ohm capable? please help.. thanks

ok..i have 2 pioneer DVC 4 ohm subwoofers. they're rated at 350RMS. i also have a pioneer GM-5100T and GM-5000T rated at around 350rms X 1 @ 4 ohms.... bridged i'm assuming.. so what do you think i should do...i'm stumped. should i just sell them then get one mono amp that's 1 ohm capable? please help.. thanks
try to find a mono

I can't think of any reason 700w at 4 ohms is inherently better than 700w at 1.

mono amps are generally designed to produce optimal power at a lower impedance than 4 ohms.

I'm sure you can find a mono that will DO ~700w at 4, but you'll have to pay out the ears because it will probably be intended for ~1000w at 2 or ~1500 @ 1.

You could easily find a Class A/B 2-channel that will do 800 watts or so at 4 ohms. And it wouldn't have to break the bank.

Tell us what your budget is and we can make some suggestions.

the main advantage of a mono/class D over a 2 ch a/b would be a little less stress to your car's charging system, but unless you're driving an older car or you listen to bass at full volume all the time you're probably fine either way.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.