Help!! Voltage drop an wire issue

Participant count
  • Participant list

Big_red audio

CarAudio.com Newbie
Ohio
I have a 06 silverado 1500 420 amp alt 0 gauge wire sencondary battery running skar rp 150.4 an skv2 3500 with a single 12zvx I properly tuned it voltage at alt is 14.7 at amp is 13.7 an when ran is steady with the drop can't figure out why I amp loosing a full volt plus alternater wire is burning up only running g 2.5ft of 0 gauge from audiopipe ofc properly crimped an can't find the issue need help

420 amp alt I would want more than 0 gauge.

You are also in an 06 Silverado. Starting in 05, that vehicle is no longer internally voltage regulated, and your voltage is controlled by the ECU. (They did that so that is has less drag and improves fuel mileage (slightly)). There are ways to program that or alter that, so you have steady voltage.

I was thinking 2 aught wire an do you think it would help if i took the secondary battery ground ran it through the ground sensor an tied the batterys in a parallel circuit, you said ways to alter the voltage how

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...