Help upgrading sound quality

Participant count
  • Participant list
Hi,

I recently bought 2014 Camaro 1LT non Boston Acousting audio. I really love car but sound system is crappy. Tweeter is too noisy. Had decent bass. I thought adding amp and sub would add bass and would improve quality as i felt then i won't need to pump volume on stereo.

I have Rockford Fostgate P300x1 amp pulling rockford P1 sub which is 4 ohm sub. This didn't add much bass either. But i don't wanna shake my car so not sure what to do. Dealer who installed sub suggested upgrading door components with Rockford P165-S components.

I have another car in which i have Bose and sound quality is awesome. I know it would be hard to achieve that kinda quality. But is there some thing i can do do to gain same quality without breaking bank?

I dont wanna end up spending thousands on car audio. I would like to have some punch in door speakers and not that sharp tweeters but more clear tweeter with not ear hurting sound.

I am a newbie to sound so excuse me if i am not using correct terms.

Thanks.

I wasn't trying to offend. But just perspective of how i felt sound on my pathfinder. It sound is not aloud but i its not that sharp tweeter sound too. I was just laying out general perspective. As i said i am newbie so i have no idea what good speakers or audio system are out there. I went to dealer he said get rockford sub and amp and i got it. He gave me demo in his car and i felt it was nice sound. Now about 600$ down i am still struggling with harshness of sound.

i can but they charged about 320$ in install cost and wiring which are non refundable and then remaining in amp and sub and they will only do sctore credit for 250$ or so… which i feel is bad decision. My first thought was to get refund too but then i realized i will be loosing a lot of money.

i can but they charged about 320$ in install cost and wiring which are non refundable and then remaining in amp and sub and they will only do sctore credit for 250$ or so… which i feel is bad decision. My first thought was to get refund too but then i realized i will be loosing a lot of money.
Never go to that shop again. Learn to install everything yourself. Tools to install wont cost any more then 30 dollars. To get rid of that sharp tweeter sound. You want to get a good sound quality oriented head unit. Believe it or not its mainly a crappy head unit that causes that problem. Get a pioneer 80 prs and it will make a world of difference with your sound. Replacing your speakers will do next to nothing if your head unit is telling those speakers to play horrible sound.

Yeah. They said install was only 90$ then to run wire to front for bass control knob is like 40$ and to wire sub in box was like 25$ and 90$ for rockford 8AWG wiring kit. and then some money for speaker grill and some other stuff.

But i am not debating changing components. What will be good components to replace the factor door 6.5 and using factory head unit?

Yeah. They said install was only 90$ then to run wire to front for bass control knob is like 40$ and to wire sub in box was like 25$ and 90$ for rockford 8AWG wiring kit. and then some money for speaker grill and some other stuff.
But i am not debating changing components. What will be good components to replace the factor door 6.5 and using factory head unit?
If you really need to keep your stock head unit then its better to get a jbl ms8 digital sound processor with built in amp. Im telling you straight up if you just buy aftermarket speakers without giving them power or making a proper seal/treating the door. It will sound worse then stock. The key to sound quality is how good your install is. You can buy a 800 dollar pair of focal/hertz speakers and it will still sound like sh1t on a stock head unit and untreated doors.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.