Help troubleshooting

Participant count
  • Participant list
AlrIgjty, so I'm gunna go play with wires before work, gunna use my sub amp wires and see if they work with it, if so than it's obvious connection issues, if it still flashes, I'm gunna assume I fucked it up

We're in action ! Couldn't tell you what did it, just played with wires and boom
kick it till it works. Thats the trusty strategy that always works.

Amps don't really reset themselves, their kinda like a computer. Once engine shuts off, so should the amp or amps. Computer, you click on shut down and shuts off...blah blah blah. So yeah., Try restarting/turning over vehicle again if that does anything. Could be a lose wiring connection someplace causing it.
actually some amps can reset, they have some stored configurations and have a charge in a specific cap or battery on board to save it to memory. To reset some of these amps you need to disconnect all power and ground then get a jumper wire and jump the pos and negative and viola reset. My buddy bought a supposedly blown in protect BDCP 2500.1 for 180 dollars. I told him about this, he jumped it and it worked completely no protect. Fking score!!!

We're in action ! Couldn't tell you whay did it, just played with wires and boom
So you touched a wire and everything is working???

I would be very leary on this "fix". I would keep an eye open because sounds like the issue still there. Lose connection perhaps or bad wire. Corrosion in wire might be an issue.

kick it till it works. Thats the trusty strategy that always works.

actually some amps can reset, they have some stored configurations and have a charge in a specific cap or battery on board to save it to memory. To reset some of these amps you need to disconnect all power and ground then get a jumper wire and jump the pos and negative and viola reset. My buddy bought a supposedly blown in protect BDCP 2500.1 for 180 dollars. I told him about this, he jumped it and it worked completely no protect. Fking score!!!
Think I jumped the gun a little too much on this. Of course digital amps are getting smarter....wouldn't surprise me to soon see controlled amps from our phones yet!!

YEAH my guess is corrosion, most of these wires are 3 years old .... come summer when I do my box and sub upgrade , I'll be re running all new wire

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.