help to properly power my HU

Participant count
  • Participant list

Antics
10+ year member

I have a Clarion DXZ785USB (6volt pre amp outlets.)

I have all the necessary wires spliced and connected EXCEPT I have 2 yellow wires left on the HU harness. They are both connected to fuses

Yellow Wire (3A) : Bus Power Lead (connect directly to battery)

Yellow Wire (15A) : Memory Back-up Lead (connect directly to battery)

I only have 1 wire left on the aftermarket harness

Yellow Wire : 12 Volt Batt/Memory (12V Battery/Constant)

0528091933.jpg

how would I go about connecting them? wire both from the HU to the battery?

if I wire from the battery to the HU what type/size wire should I use? and should I connect both those wires from the clarion harness to the 1 wire coming from the battery? Ignoring the yellow wire from the aftermarket harness?

also same question goes for the ground, what type of wire and should I just run it to the chassis of the floor? I have a 92 mitsubishi 3000gt where it's required to run your own ground (to the radio chassis)

Thanks I'm a noob //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif

connect all three yellow wires together and you should be fine and just find something that connects to the chassis to get your ground just make sure you sand off any paint to get a good connection

connect all three yellow wires together and you should be fine and just find something that connects to the chassis to get your ground just make sure you sand off any paint to get a good connection
even if the HU instructions says to connect to the battery it'll still work %100 that way?

bump is this correct? 2nd opinion? is it best to run power straight from the battery? I do plan on doing the big 3 eventually.
thanks
Only issue could be without using the ignition power, your battery could run down.

Only issue could be without using the ignition power, your battery could run down.
ooh, I really don't want that to happen since I'll be using the stock battery & alt. So what's the best way to wire it? what type/size gauge wire should I use?

thanks

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.