Help / Suggestions / Advise Needed

Participant count
  • Participant list

SBC28

Hello Folks,

Last week, i became a proud owner of a super clean '93 F150 XLT. It's a SWB, regular cab / short bed, 5.0L V8 Automatic. Now, what i want to do is replace the front and rear speakers, the head unit and make sure the stuff i replace it with is powered the way it should be. However, i have a relatively tight budget. Besides that, i have absolutely no clue what to get and how to hook it up. I have limited space, since it's a regular cab, but i saw quite a few enclosures made specifically for trucks. Also, i want my "system" to sound good and full, without overpowering bass. I'm quite fond of thumping bass, but i'll leave that to my '96 Bronco.

I've been looking at Alpine, Rockford Fosgate, Pioneer, JL Audio and Kicker. So i guess what i'm asking is some help with selecting a system. Let's say, a set of component speakers with tweeters and crossovers for the front doors. Then a set of speakers for the rear and maybe a small, modest subwoofer. Of course, not to forget about the amplifiers. I believe the front will hold 6.5" speakers and the back will hold 6x9 speakers.

Let's say the budget is about $1000 or less for the whole thing. Could anyone here put a system together for me? I'd greatly appreciate any help i can get!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.