Help subwoofer not hitting high bass notes

SRT8 Wolf

CALI
Hi, I'm currently running 2 12" sundown audio e-12 d4 and a sundown audio SAE-1000d amp I have the amp set to 1ohm and my subs will not hit high bass notes only low notes I had them running on a precision power amp before and the hit every note fine now it only hits lows also my amp is getting hot really quick didn't have this problem with the precision power amp.

O I didn't set my gains some shop did the just told me what the put my amp at idk how to tune my amp I'm a beginner with audio systems.

O I didn't set my gains some shop did the just told me what the put my amp at idk how to tune my amp I'm a beginner with audio systems.
low pass on the amp have it high up, to the max AKA off.

Go to your head unit's low pass put it at 80hz

Go to the head unit's sub level reduce it down to zero or negative. Now Play your hardest hitting song, then raise the sub level until it stops getting louder or the bass tone starts changing, then back it down 2 levels.

low pass on the amp have it high up, to the max AKA off.
Go to your head unit's low pass put it at 80hz

Go to the head unit's sub level reduce it down to zero or negative. Now Play your hardest hitting song, then raise the sub level until it stops getting louder or the bass tone starts changing, then back it down 2 levels.
How do I change the low pass on my head unit I can't find it its a pioneer single din head unit also I don't think my head unit had a sub level only a sub control which allows me to change the hz and the bass boost

How do I change the low pass on my head unit I can't find it its a pioneer single din head unit also I don't think my head unit had a sub level only a sub control which allows me to change the hz and the bass boost
thats basically what it is. A sub level and a low pass filter. If its not, then you'll have to Play around and explore a bit more. We can only help if you are willing to help yourself.

thats basically what it is. A sub level and a low pass filter. If its not, then you'll have to Play around and explore a bit more. We can only help if you are willing to help yourself.
Ok thanks I'll try messing with it and see if anything changes btw is what I'm running a good beginners set up?

Ok thanks I'll try messing with it and see if anything changes btw is what I'm running a good beginners set up?
yeah, you would have been fine with the ppi amp though. Sundown 1000 is pretty overpriced imo unless you get it used. Could have gotten a used crescendo 2000 or soundqubed 2200 with 300$

If you got it for less than that then its all good.

yeah, you would have been fine with the ppi amp though. Sundown 1000 is pretty overpriced imo unless you get it used. Could have gotten a used crescendo 2000 or soundqubed 2200 with 300$
If you got it for less than that then its all good.
I got the amp and 2 subs for 600 and a seald ground shaker box which goes under my back seats In my truck

Hi, I'm currently running 2 12" sundown audio e-12 d4 and a sundown audio SAE-1000d amp I have the amp set to 1ohm and my subs will not hit high bass notes only low notes I had them running on a precision power amp before and the hit every note fine now it only hits lows also my amp is getting hot really quick didn't have this problem with the precision power amp.
Had the exact same problem with my sae-1200d within a month after I got it(bnib). I had no problems the whole time I had my PPI p1000.1, and I regretted the swap.

I was ready to throw the thing in the trash when I took it apart and saw the build quality.

Check and see if this little wire(ground?) is burned up like mine was.

Sent from my Motorola 2950 Special Edition 3w.

Had the exact same problem with my sae-1200d within a month after I got it(bnib). I had no problems the whole time I had my PPI p1000.1, and I regretted the swap.
I was ready to throw the thing in the trash when I took it apart and saw the build quality.

Check and see if this little wire(ground?) is burned up like mine was.

Sent from my Motorola 2950 Special Edition 3w.
Dang that looks bad. Well I fixed the issue of the high bass I had to change some settings around on my hu and the amp and now I got my truck roof flexing and its in a sealed box the amp gain isn't even a quarter turned on the amp I had my ppi at full gain and it barely moved theses subs and would cut out all the time had to turn the car off and back on every time it happened couldn't even turn the volume past 20 my hu goes to 62

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.