Help: Subs cut out when hitting hard

deadmanrob
10+ year member

Hey guys when i crank it a decent amount on a song with alot of bass it seems to cut the subs after hitting for about 10-20 seconds. like the amp just turns off. If i switch the song it comes right back and somtimes during the song it will happen then the song will have a brief period where there is no bass and it will come back when it hits again. any ideas what may be going on?

KenwoodHU.jpg

thats the amp i have if it helps

Kenwood kac-7201 anything helpful is appreciated

Hey guys when i crank it a decent amount on a song with alot of bass it seems to cut the subs after hitting for about 10-20 seconds. like the amp just turns off. If i switch the song it comes right back and somtimes during the song it will happen then the song will have a brief period where there is no bass and it will come back when it hits again. any ideas what may be going on?
KenwoodHU.jpg

thats the amp i have if it helps

Kenwood kac-7201 anything helpful is appreciated

voltage drop amp goes into temporary protection mode??? not sure just throwing it out.

Well i keep getting the mixed msg's of how horrid caps are and **** and before i came on this site its always been about how good they are so i never know. the wires i think are fine but yes i am considering going from my stock alt to a 95a

Caps do help, but not nearly as much as the price u spend on them for the money you spend on a cap u could buy a cheap battery that will do no exageration 50x better minimum. Now to your problem, that is not enough power you are running for low voltage issues. I am willing to bet you are wired down too low of an ohm load for that amp. Other problem could be you have the bass boost and gain completly maxed.

if you alt is smaller than 100amps u definitely are having bad voltage drop throwing the amp into protect. do the big 3 in 0awg and 4 awg to the amp then see how bad your dimming is you will still need a high-output alt but this will help quite a bit. double check your grounds as well make sure its a good metal to metal connection.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.