Anybody knowledgeable with carpc's?

Participant count
  • Participant list
Normally soundcards have more than one output. I will assume you have two amps, one for the mids/highs and one for the sub. Use one of the outputs for the mid/high amp and use the other for the sub. If you only have one soundcard output, see if you mid/high or sub amp has an ''output'' set of RCA's. You can then run the single soundcard output to that amp and then use the RCA''output'' of the same amp to go to the second amp. Hope that makes sense.

Either way, you can use a cable like this to adapt from a 3.5mm stereo plug to a pair of RCA Jacks, they sell these at Wal Mart and Home Depot as well.

Looking to figure out how exactly I would connect the soundcard to my amps.

Normally soundcards have more than one output. I will assume you have two amps, one for the mids/highs and one for the sub. Use one of the outputs for the mid/high amp and use the other for the sub. If you only have one soundcard output, see if you mid/high or sub amp has an ''output'' set of RCA's. You can then run the single soundcard output to that amp and then use the RCA''output'' of the same amp to go to the second amp. Hope that makes sense.
Either way, you can use a cable like this to adapt from a 3.5mm stereo plug to a pair of RCA Jacks, they sell these at Wal Mart and Home Depot as well.
Yes,I have 2 amps. I dont have a card yet,do you recommended any cards?

What would I use for EQ and tuning,ect?

I've had the best luck with sound cards made by Creative. They make the popular SoundBlaster model sound cards, many to choose from.Diamond also makes decent products.

If you want a good card with multi-channel and optical digital connections, here is a good start:

Amazon.com: Creative Sound Blaster Recon3D THX PCIE Sound Card SB1350: Electronics

Otherwise a standard PCI $30-60 card will do fine.
Do you run a carpc? If so whats your setup?

Are USB cars better than PCI cards?

Ive read somewhere that Creative cards have issues with turn on pop.?

I don't have one yet. I'm currently in the planning stages of building one this spring/summer. I custom build business and gaming PC's for a living (and service).

PCI or PCI Express cards are better IMHO. They have a more direct connection with the motherboard, better speed, and generally are better quality.

Never really heard of any issues except for when the sound card drivers are loaded, it can make a pop. You'll hear a click/pop with 90% of the sound cards I've heard over the years when booting. On-board or otherwise.

You could wire a toggle switch to the remote wire(s) on your amp(s). Wait until your PC boots up and then flip on the power to your amp(s). //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

I'm thinking about buying another Kindle Fire and using that as a HU. The sound quality wouldn't be as good, but it gives me all the features I'm looking for.

I don't have one yet. I'm currently in the planning stages of building one this spring/summer. I custom build business and gaming PC's for a living (and service).
PCI or PCI Express cards are better IMHO. They have a more direct connection with the motherboard, better speed, and generally are better quality.

Never really heard of any issues except for when the sound card drivers are loaded, it can make a pop. You'll hear a click/pop with 90% of the sound cards I've heard over the years when booting. On-board or otherwise.

You could wire a toggle switch to the remote wire(s) on your amp(s). Wait until your PC boots up and then flip on the power to your amp(s). //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

I'm thinking about buying another Kindle Fire and using that as a HU. The sound quality wouldn't be as good, but it gives me all the features I'm looking for.
I want to go without a HU but I dont know how or what software to use for EQ and tuning,ect? Any suggestions?

THESE would be the cables I need to connect my card to my amps? Any higher quality brands/options?

If I wanted to run a pci sound car I would THIS and THIS to make it work, correct?

Just about any nicer soundcard will come with a driver/software with EQ & a bunch of audio adjustments, prob not gonna have crossover functions though. I like the asus xonar cards better than any creative card I've used. I've never messed with running a pc in a car though.

I use a nice car stereo xover , that way u can adjust freq and gain and it takes out any annoying computer noise. win amp is free software and has great eg but no xover if ur amps have xovers in them

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.