HELP! Subs crackling bad

Participant count
  • Participants list

Fxf150

Hey. I've had 2 Pioneer 10s (tsw-254r) on a Pioneer GMD-9601 amp for about 2 weeks. The subs were wired to 2 ohms when I had only had 2 of them and they sounded fine. The amp is rated for 800w rms @2 ohms. ( The subs are rated for 250w rms each) and I added 2 more of the same 10s so I have 4 10s total. When I added the other 2 I wired them to 1 ohm (amp is rated for 1200w rms @ 1 ohm) so each sub is on about 300w rms. 2 of the subs are brand new just got them today from SonicElectrinics. The gain is about 1/8 to 1/4 of the way up(same place as it was when I had 2 10s) and now one of the brand new subs makes a really nasty loud crack or crackling sound when you turn the volume up high or turn the bass boost knob over about half way. I think it's only 1 sub making the sound but I'm not sure. Do y'all have any idea what it could be? Thanks for any help.

That's what I thought it could be but it crackled on the very first note it hit coming strait out of the box. Could it be a bad sub? Think running new wires maybe the problem? Thanks

That's what I thought it could be but it crackled on the very first note it hit coming strait out of the box. Could it be a bad sub? Think running new wires maybe the problem? Thanks
bad sub or you may have wired it up wrong check wiring , test sub coils with a dmm . and you really shouldn't over power cheap subs like that even though there rated at 50 watts less then ur giving them it still is bad on cheap subs

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.