Help! Sub keeps cutting out

SRT8 Wolf

CALI
So I have a CAB-1600 running an x18 on it my sub was playing just fine all of a sudden my bass cuts out but my amp is still on it’s not going into protect I turn my car off and back in it’ll play but cuts out after turning it up again. I checked all connections nothing seems wrong

As mentioned above check your voltage. I had mine dipping down to mid 10s at .5 each:awesome: and they never stopped. If it is the amp good luck with their customer service:crap:

When is the amp cutting off? When on low volume, high volume? Either bad ground or gain is set too high.

How big is your wiring to the amp, power/ground? Hopefully 1/0 and nothing smaller. If smaller, then it might be the problem also.

So I have a CAB-1600 running an x18 on it my sub was playing just fine all of a sudden my bass cuts out but my amp is still on it’s not going into protect I turn my car off and back in it’ll play but cuts out after turning it up again. I checked all connections nothing seems wrong
thats what my sq2200.1 was doing before it fried. General consensus was voltage drops was the culprit and it smoked not terribly long after it was doing this

When is the amp cutting off? When on low volume, high volume? Either bad ground or gain is set too high.
How big is your wiring to the amp, power/ground? Hopefully 1/0 and nothing smaller. If smaller, then it might be the problem also.
My amp is cutting off at high volume and it has 1/0 gauge wire

My amp is cutting off at high volume and it has 1/0 gauge wire
drop gain 1 notch or if u have sub volume or bass boost on hu up turn it down., my amp would cut out like every 3 seconds for 1 second then back on., it was sub volume to high on hu..

Again, where is the gain set on the amp?

I see what's going on here. Your electrical may not be strong enough to support that amp at high volume. What's your electrical like? What do you have? Have you upgraded it?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.