Help Stupid NEWB

buffroller
10+ year member

buffalo
Got the headunit installed and it works great.

Took me forever to install and they are not working! Need some help.

I took some pics if that will help you guys. The amp turns on (one green light) but the subs do not.

I have the remote wire and rca from my head unit to the amp. The power and ground to the amp. Then the speaker wire from the sub terminal to the amp (+ and -).

EDIT: I double checked the remote and RCA wires to the headunit.

The RCA wires are now to the right on the amp (sub input).

Help. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/graduate.gif.d982460be9f153bb54e5d4cb744f6ae8.gif

did you adjust the gains on the amp

I see 4 rca's on the amp. are there only 2 inputs or four, did you plug the rcas into the input of the amp and output of your radio.

Did someone else put the sub and box together or did you? Do you have a multimeter? Checke the impedance of the sub(s) and it should read 2-4-8 if it beeps or read infinite then your sub leads are disconnected.

Check to make sure you have the right speaker wire connections. Assuming you are running bridged mode - check your amp manual to make sure you hooked it up right. I know both of my amps the bridged configuration is not what I'd expect, and if its not right, it won't run at all. You might just have to switch your wires to a different +/- configuration on the amp.

It looks like you have your sub wired into 2 different channels on your amp. It looks like a 2 channel amp which means you should have 2 sets of (+) and (-) terminals on your amp. It looks like you wired it as such:

Termal A

(+)

Terminal B

(-)

It should go into on termal set on your amp. The + and - should be right next to each other.

i had one of those subs, from the looks of the picture, your rca inputs from the radio are plugged into the output for another amp, you need to make sure you hook the rca outputs from your HU to the input side of your amp. that is a power acoustik mono block, they put 2 +'s amd 2 -'s on there to allow you to run subs parallel easier, connecting either of the 2 grounds to the - on your sub and either of the 2 hots to the + on your sub will work, there is no specified hot or ground to use and make sure you use hot for hot and ground for ground, also that amp has an interconnect feature so that you can connect another one of those model amps to it, read your manual and make sure you have that selector switch in the right position..if that doesn't work and you can figure out what the problem is then you need to send it in for repairs. My BAMF 4000/1D stopped working on me 2 months after I had it, for not reason whatsoever..good luck

Daw look at CA giving legit troubleshooting advice. I say check your rcas are going to input and get us a good picture of the speaker leads. If your ground was bad I would guess the amp would be in protect

It looks like you have your sub wired into 2 different channels on your amp. It looks like a 2 channel amp which means you should have 2 sets of (+) and (-) terminals on your amp. It looks like you wired it as such:
Termal A

(+)

Terminal B

(-)

It should go into on termal set on your amp. The + and - should be right next to each other.
Actually often when you bridge connections on a two channel amp, the "bridge" connection is across both channels. But you are correct in saying they are (ch1 + -) (ch2 + -) next to each other. Based on that information, he has his sub connected correctly... + from channel 1 and - from channel 2.

Are the sub outputs on your deck turned on? Many come set to off by default.
Another common thing to check, happens a lot... especially when you had an aftermarket system WITHOUT subs and you added them later. Come to think of it, I have mine turned off too until I get my subs in.

Daw look at CA giving legit troubleshooting advice. I say check your rcas are going to input and get us a good picture of the speaker leads. If your ground was bad I would guess the amp would be in protect
If those pictures were clearer, it would help a TON and you'd probably get more responses too.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.