Help! Strange head unit and system problem

Participant count
  • Participant list

jdub486
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
Maryland
I accidentally touched remote and speaker wires together while playing with amp connections. I immediately heard a soft electrical popping noise. Now, now of my amps are turning on. The head unit comes on and appears to work fine, but stays illuminated and can be turned on even when the car is off. I checked all amp fuses, power wire fuse, and radio fuses in fusebox. Did i fry the remote wire? Any ideas?!

this post seems realllllly familiar did you post this already? If not check out the last couple pages for a similar problem... I guess just go through everything again. To check if it is the remote wire you can temp the 12v power to the remote terminal just to see if the amp turns on. If it does something is up with the remote, if not then there is clearly some other issue.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.