a noob question

Participant count
  • Participant list
If a problem arises, hopefully that fuse will blow before your amp.
No, the fuse protects the wire from overheating and burning down the car.

On board fuses will protect the amp (or if a manufacturer does not include on board fuses, then one must be placed at the specified rating as close to the amp as possible)

Yup also protects yours cars electrical if you happen to short out the power, this way the inline fuse will blow instead of all the other fuses in your car lol
No, current travels in the path of least resistance. A dead short is 0 resistance and therefore will only travel through the shorted wire. Electricity doesn't just travel throughout all the circuits.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.