help...solo x 18 in a mitsubishi eclipse

dont wall off your vehicle. do it below the window line. heres one of my 2 15 inch installs that got pretty loud.

1120081621.jpg

and this is in my 2003 eclipse gs

1120081622a.jpg

if this is the video im thinking of cant check cause school blocks you tube. the box is ported and tned really low i believe he mentioned tuned to around 10 and its T shaped it extends into the trunk.

"Pretty" Loud, Hazardous?

Btw, if I'm not mistaken OP that was two 15" Heavyweights on an AB500.1 at .5ohm, which is roughly the same amount of power as you'll be using

What kind of numbers did it put up, Hazardous?

hazardous thanks a ton for the pics. right now im leaning towards an enclosure like that. i didnt want a wall, and yours is near perfect. i gave kicker a call, and they said the smallest box for an 18 is 5cubes, which is pretty **** small. he reccommended 8cubes, and if i can get a get a box looking somewhat like yours, it should be around 9 or 10? wheres yours at? except id have the solo right in between where your 15s are. thanks again for all your guys' help...appreciate it

seriously though. im not hateing on your solo x. but like someone said before you could slump so much harder (expecially for music) if you went with somthing like FI.. 2 fully loaded 18" (or 15's) BL's would get you what your looking for without a doubt... that is when you get the alt, batteries, etc.. multiple runs of power and grounds... takes a lot of work and $$ to break 150's on music... but good luck ! btw, those 2 18" lms ultras are in a box somewhere around 12 cubes net. so only 6 cubes per 18. you could do that. i built a box similiar with my 18" mt's

i know 2 18s or 15 would beat a solo, but for the money available, a solo x is what im set on...for now. no one believes i can fit one in an eclipse, so im planning on it, beating whatever they have, then after a while seeing where my options stand. im also using it to help rep my brother, who will build the box, to get credit and show off some talent without completely destroying my car. gotta understand...nebraska has systems, but not a lot. an x would pput me in decent position

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.