help setting up my amp

Participant count
  • Participant list

xX J Brutal Xx
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
hey guys i got a Soundstream 5 channel amp running my sub and my door speakers. it has a ton of settings on it i was just wondering if there are any of these settings that should be on/off and adjusted on my Amp and HU? from what i have learned on here the Bass Boost is a big no no. Anything else?

do some research on what high pass and low pass filters are as well as sub sonic filter (if it has one)

also read up on how to properly set the gain.

you will likely need to use the crossovers on both the hu and amp and the time alighnment on that deck will be priceless

basically if your HU has x-overs then you need to use 1 or the other(amp). It would help if you posted exactly what amp you have and what HU you have

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.