Help setting gains

Participant count
  • Participant list

SRT8 Wolf

CALI
Ok so I have a CAB 1600.1D amp and I'm wanting to set the gains correctly I need to know what my low pass and sub sonic should be set at as well as my gain I listen to mainly rap and decaf I currently have a factory head unit in my car with a LOC and I don't know the pre volt output on it, it's a 2011 Dodge Charger.

Ok so I have a CAB 1600.1D amp and I'm wanting to set the gains correctly I need to know what my low pass and sub sonic should be set at as well as my gain I listen to mainly rap and decaf I currently have a factory head unit in my car with a LOC and I don't know the pre volt output on it, it's a 2011 Dodge Charger.
subsonic is 75% of your box tuning. For gain, go up until it stops getting louder than back it off a few notches. Then play your hardest hitting music for 5 mins then see if the sub or amp gets hot, pay attention to smells throughout the whole time. If either equipment is hot, back it down even more, let it cool off and do the test again. If its cold, you can raise it up a bit. If its room temperature then you are at a good spot.

Eventually you'll want a JL cleansweep or a kicker sum8 or a full blown processor like an audison bit 10 or bit one or helix etc... That line out convertor is holding you back several dbs with a sh*t stock head unit signal.

subsonic is 75% of your box tuning. For gain, go up until it stops getting louder than back it off a few notches. Then play your hardest hitting music for 5 mins then see if the sub or amp gets hot, pay attention to smells throughout the whole time. If either equipment is hot, back it down even more, let it cool off and do the test again. If its cold, you can raise it up a bit. If its room temperature then you are at a good spot.
Eventually you'll want a JL cleansweep or a kicker sum8 or a full blown processor like an audison bit 10 or bit one or helix etc... That line out convertor is holding you back several dbs with a sh*t stock head unit signal.
Yeah I know it is but I can't change the HU on a 2011 Dodge Charger the kit is 400 bucks

My box is tuned to 36hz

Looks good man... so you asked for specs, got them PM'd to you, thanked me emphatically and said it was getting built in the AM... THEN went looking for help anyways with a prefab?... and then today you PM'd ME for advice about setting your amp gains?.. To which I replied to you...

Okay... The question is easy to answer... you should open a thread under "Amplifiers" as I will not be seen like others as someone who PM's other members with "special" treatment... I am a member in this forum... but I find that it is best to always answer questions publicly, and give others a chance to weigh in... even after 25 years around this hobby. I still find that someone else has a better way of explaining how to do or even doing the process in question. I've been a member since 2013 and have only started posting advice after a prolonged period of evaluating who is who and what sort of advice I'm likely to get from certain members. I've learned to take some advice and ignore some as well. There are multiple threads already on this subject... "Setting amp gains"... if you would like to just look for them.... I will be looking forward to reading your thread if you cannot find them. I can answer the question however I feel that in a public forum is best.

As to your current question... Jeffdachef gave you some good advice... Good Luck!

Looks good man... so you asked for specs, got them PM'd to you, thanked me emphatically and said it was getting built in the AM... THEN went looking for help anyways with a prefab?... and then today you PM'd ME for advice about setting your amp gains?.. To which I replied to you... Okay... The question is easy to answer... you should open a thread under "Amplifiers" as I will not be seen like others as someone who PM's other members with "special" treatment... I am a member in this forum... but I find that it is best to always answer questions publicly, and give others a chance to weigh in... even after 25 years around this hobby. I still find that someone else has a better way of explaining how to do or even doing the process in question. I've been a member since 2013 and have only started posting advice after a prolonged period of evaluating who is who and what sort of advice I'm likely to get from certain members. I've learned to take some advice and ignore some as well. There are multiple threads already on this subject... "Setting amp gains"... if you would like to just look for them.... I will be looking forward to reading your thread if you cannot find them. I can answer the question however I feel that in a public forum is best.

As to your current question... Jeffdachef gave you some good advice... Good Luck!
Yeah I was gonna have it built until the guy said he is booked till the end of July

This MIGHT help ya'... at least EXO is a trip... well, very entertaining... LOL!..

... read the comments as well... not everyone does it the same way.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.