Help selecting amp

Participant count
  • Participant list

ashtrey

CarAudio.com Newbie
USA
I want to get a dedicated amp to power my normal speakers which are already aftermarket just been running off headunit but I'm not sure what to get because my car has tweeters in the a pillars so 6 speaker overall and idk how they're wired in the stock system should I just get a six channel amp and do it like you normally would? That what I assume but I'm also having trouble finding a 6 channel amp at the right power

I want to get a dedicated amp to power my normal speakers which are already aftermarket just been running off headunit but I'm not sure what to get because my car has tweeters in the a pillars so 6 speaker overall and idk how they're wired in the stock system should I just get a six channel amp and do it like you normally would? That what I assume but I'm also having trouble finding a 6 channel amp at the right power
Can you give some more information? Year and model of the vehicle, speakers being used ie make and model, subs make, model, ohms?

Can you give some more information? Year and model of the vehicle, speakers being used ie make and model, subs make, model, ohms?
06 Corolla and right now I'm using scosche speakers except the tweeters they're some random brand I don't remember the name of the rear deck ones are 300 peak the front doors are 200 peak and the tweeters are 400 peak and I believe they're all 4 ohms but I do plan to upgrade all of them soon but whatever I get I'll probably keep around the same power for each 300 to 400 depending on what I find

Just get a 4 channel amplifier and parallel the tweeters to the front channels. Most of the time that is how the factory runs tweeters as well. That is how my car was originally. 6 speaker sound system with 4 speaker wires at the factory deck. Front doors and dash tweeters wired together.

Have you considered the following?
"Toyota Factory Radio Amp Amplifier Interface Install Adapter Wiring Harness"? Try Crutchfield, Amazon or eBay for examples. I added an aftermarket amp to my system several years ago. I use a PAC brand and it was plug and play.

Just get a 4 channel amplifier and parallel the tweeters to the front channels. Most of the time that is how the factory runs tweeters as well. That is how my car was originally. 6 speaker sound system with 4 speaker wires at the factory deck. Front doors and dash tweeters wired together.
So they'd be connected together with the normal two front speakers? Would need to match the ohms/ watts of the tweeters and door speakers?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...