Help Sealing Doors

Participant count
  • Participant list

Knowmadic
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
So I'm getting some deadener within the next few days and want to start scoping out how to get the most out of the deadener. I've done some research I found out that I need to seal up my doors before applying the deadener but I'm not sure with what or how to approach it. If you guys could help that'd be awesome. I was looking at some aluminum sheets, plexiglass or steel sheets at Home Depot, what would you recommend and where on the door? Any tips for working around the locking mechanisms? Also would you sandwich the sheet or put it down and then layer over it?

photo34n.jpg

photo35l.jpg

photo36d.jpg

(Random sheet of what appears to be deadener, I didn't put it there, just stumbled upon it)

Last edited by a moderator:
use aluminum flashing to cover the big holes and the smaller ones just use deadener. For the locking mechanisism use aluminum flashing to cover up as much of the hole as possible then go over it with deadener to seal it

Yup ^^^ flashing or perforated aluminum sheet. You can screw the panels on with sheetmetal screws (drill small holes) or attach with hot glue or double sided tape.

Go look at the dynamat website and look at the Spl way of sealing the doors. I done my doors like that and my components sounds great! I used roughly 3 door kits for mine.

my build log shows how i seal up doors.

for large holes i use aluminum sheets with deadener on both sides, i use self-piercing sheet metal screws and either foam or silicone to seal it.

i also put bags of fiberglass batt inside the door to greatly improve midbass and midrange response.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.