Bridging and RCA's

Participant count
  • Participant list

lameduck
10+ year member

Michigan
My h/u has 5v Front, Rear and Sub outputs and my 4ch is bridgeable (Polk PA660), which i will be running front components bridged off of it with rear speakers off the H/U.

So, do i need to run 1 rca from my front-out to my front ch IN on the amp to run bridged, or do I run front and rear rcas to the amp? Or Front-RCA-out to Y-splitters into the amp's front and rear INs...?

Also, any idea what length i'll need to reach my amp under the passenger seat in a Grand Cherokee? 6m? 4m?

And if it's too long, are there any issues to have the RCA's double back on itself/coil?

You only need the front RCAs. Split them at the amp with Y adapters so the right plug feeds 2 channels and the left plug feeds the other 2.

No idea how long a Jeep is. You can wrap up a long cable if you have to but it's neater (and cheaper) to get the right length.

You only need the front RCAs. Split them at the amp with Y adapters so the right plug feeds 2 channels and the left plug feeds the other 2.
No idea how long a Jeep is. You can wrap up a long cable if you have to but it's neater (and cheaper) to get the right length.
Could you do the same thing with sub amps and 4-channels? Like, could I run RCA's back to my sub amp, and use the pass-thru to go to a 4-channel? Or would it be better to just Y-split the RCA's into the amps individually?

Could you do the same thing with sub amps and 4-channels? Like, could I run RCA's back to my sub amp, and use the pass-thru to go to a 4-channel? Or would it be better to just Y-split the RCA's into the amps individually?
If you're feeding the sub amp with a full range signal (front or rear, not sub preouts) then that would work.

If you're feeding the sub amp with a full range signal (front or rear, not sub preouts) then that would work.
Okay, thanks. Does it put more strain on a HU, having more than one set of RCA's coming out of it? (Even if it has 3 sets of pre-outs)

Okay, thanks. Does it put more strain on a HU, having more than one set of RCA's coming out of it? (Even if it has 3 sets of pre-outs)
No. And splitting RCA's doesn't either. The load of an amp input is very small (high impedance) and there's no loss of preout voltage even if you split it multiple times.

No. And splitting RCA's doesn't either. The load of an amp input is very small (high impedance) and there's no loss of preout voltage even if you split it multiple times.
Okay, that's good to know. Thank you!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.