sub to box seal?

It's much better to buy a real speaker gasketing tape.
Speaker Gasketing Tape 1/8" x 3/8" x 50 ft. Roll 260-540

Great stuff! I used it to seal my door speakers and also the subwoofer to the box (my sub does not have any rubber gasket).
Umm, yeah, thats exactly what you'll find at the hardware store (with different packaging) marked "weatherstripping" for doors & windows. All sizes, thicknesses, sticky on one side, inexpensive, available. Been using since 1988.

Umm, yeah, thats exactly what you'll find at the hardware store (with different packaging) marked "weatherstripping" for doors & windows. All sizes, thicknesses, sticky on one side, inexpensive, available. Been using since 1988.
This. I love using that weatherstripping...costs just ~3 bucks too.

Except...it's not the same, unless you're buying closed cell foam weatherstrip tape with stronger adhesive at the hardware store.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.