Help removing aftermarket dash kit.

Participant count
  • Participant list

Twistid
5,000+ posts

Im trying to remove a metra aftermarket dash kit from my car and I cant seem to figure out how its latched to the dash. I believe this is the type of kit used http://documents.victorytechnologies.com//documents/product/2466.pdf . I got the headunit keys and removed the headunit, the cage is snapped onto the dash kit (which i want to leave on) But I stick my hand in and feel around for the pieces that "snap" the dash kit into the dash itself to release them but I just cant find them.

Does anyone have any experience they would like to share, thanks ahead of time!

if its the snap-in you should be able to just pull it out.

may need to use some force.

and since u already removed the radio just put your hand through the opening and pull.

well clips are at top/bottom or on the sides so try using a flat head screwdriver to pry it off. just make sure to protect the dash so you wont scratch anything. and don't be scared to use some force, sometimes you have to, even if it feels like it's going to break (took me a while to get over that feeling lol).

oh and it may be a little easier if you remove the cage for the radio. you may be able to get to the clips with it out of the way

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.