10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
MINNESOTA
here is the info...

130 amp alternator

8 gauge wire setup

75A max load amp with a fuse rating: 40A x 2

500w rms powering 1 subwoofer

Lights are dimming quite a bit, what is going on?

before you shout the big 3, remember that 500w rms and 130a alt should power this with no problems at all..

so with all that being said what do you think is going on? my ground wire for the amp is connected to a bolt of the chassis in my trunk.

well im kinda doin wrong on the power wire, im using 8 gauge and i believe that is rated at 60 amp. but my amp draws 75w max and it has 2 40w fuses. Do you think the 8 awg could be the problem for the dimming?

car is 95 Ford taurus

amp is SONY XM 2200 GT

Maybe go bigger than 8 guage wire??? And yes, do the big 3; my car was done with 8 guage factory I upgraded to 2/0 and it is a world of difference.

Hmm, well i got this 8 gauge free with an old 10" sub i bought a few years back. Id be suprised if it wasnt rated true 8 gauge..

I think ill go and buy 4 awg and see if it makes a diff. Ill for sure do the big 3 if i dont see much of an improvement.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.