Help Please!

619Thump

CarAudio.com Recruit
Backstory :

I took my car to the audio shop, i had speakers, amps, subs, and box. I bought an epicenter and a LC7i converter and they installed it. I recently had thosse subs and box in another car for test purposes (the box is tuned to 33hz). Anyways it was sounding great and was playing 29hz - 75hz clean. Now when they installed this system in my new car the lower notes werent sounding. Im not getting anything under 37hz. On top of that i my rear speakers dont have any tweeter playing (alpine type s coaxials) and my front speakers sound like absolute **** when u turn it up (alpine type s components. Not to mention my front right tweeter blew after 3 weeks because of the raspiness and harsh soundds that were coming out. I know for a fact this system was good and sounding proper because i had it in another car. I recently got a job and didnt have time to install it so i just took it to the shop. Does anyone know why my subs arent playing under 37hz? And why my rear speakers dont have any tweets playing? and why my entire front stage component set just sounds raspy? I have a feeling they didnt install the LC7i because they gave me 0 boxes after, but the epicenter is next to the amps. Sorry for this long message i just had to let it out, thanks if anyone tries helping or responds. Also im taking it back into the shop tomorrow lets see what they say.

Most Audio shops that have a good reputation will have an install Warranty and a warranty on the speakers and subs,amps ect. that they installed. Take it back to them. I would not have left without all the original boxes that everything came in. I would have requested that up front before installation took place.

Most Audio shops that have a good reputation will have an install Warranty and a warranty on the speakers and subs,amps ect. that they installed. Take it back to them. I would not have left without all the original boxes that everything came in. I would have requested that up front before installation took place.
Agreed. There's a whole lot to diagnose from just a parts list and the fact that it worked before but won't work right when pulled and installed in another car.
The shop should warranty their work, though not the parts. You should go in and explain it just sounds totally different from before, and be able to articulate why (such as the 37Hz cutoff). If they are at all reputable, they'll make good.

Agreed. There's a whole lot to diagnose from just a parts list and the fact that it worked before but won't work right when pulled and installed in another car.
The shop should warranty their work, though not the parts. You should go in and explain it just sounds totally different from before, and be able to articulate why (such as the 37Hz cutoff). If they are at all reputable, they'll make good.
When i called i told them this, and he said well its thee box thats bad, and i said no its not because first off i built it to 33hz, second it was playing lows in a different car and he still goes on about the box then channges it to the headunit and rca voltage and tries to tell me i need an aftermarket headunit when i didnt even have one in the other car

When i called i told them this, and he said well its thee box thats bad, and i said no its not because first off i built it to 33hz, second it was playing lows in a different car and he still goes on about the box then channges it to the headunit and rca voltage and tries to tell me i need an aftermarket headunit when i didnt even have one in the other car
OK. But now you're talking two different head units. Apples and oranges.
How are you determining the 4Hz difference in bass response, what vehicles, and what locations was/is box installed?

OK. But now you're talking two different head units. Apples and oranges.
How are you determining the 4Hz difference in bass response, what vehicles, and what locations was/is box installed?
The first vehicle was a nissan altima, subs facing the trunk, second vehicle is a honda civic subs facing the trunk too. Only real difference was the altima had a cheap little converter and the honda has an lc7i

The first vehicle was a nissan altima, subs facing the trunk, second vehicle is a honda civic subs facing the trunk too. Only real difference was the altima had a cheap little converter and the honda has an lc7i
And different head units. And different cabin and trunk shape and size.
How did you detemrine the 4Hz difference, and how are you able to hear it?

And different head units. And different cabin and trunk shape and size.
How did you detemrine the 4Hz difference, and how are you able to hear it?
well first off, theres no low bass extension, second i did 3 different bass test tones from 0-100hz and there was no sound at 30hz, barely at 35hz and it started playing normally at 40hz. Its basically not playing anything under 40hz and when im on music it has no low bass extension, its flat basically

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    770.3 KB · Views: 22
and its off.......my guess would be your stock headunit is filtering out your lows
yea i had it on but i turned all the gains to the left just so the audio shop can fix it up. The stock headunit is filtering out the lows? and how could i possibly fix that? or would i need to buy a new one?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...