Help Please!

YourNameHere

CarAudio.com VIP
10+ year member
yup.....or you need to find a full range signal somewhere.......... but, plug your 3.5mm to rca into "input" rca on epicenter see what that does...could be the epicenter, if it sounds normal running through the epicenter than it is your stock HU

some dude

CarAudio.com Regular
Virginia
So some factory head units limit low frequency sound to help protect the weak factory speakers.

I'm no pro, but the gist is can you find a clean signal with your head unit?

Some audio processors can restore a signal that has been limited, if you can't get a full signal.

Reactions: 619Thump

619Thump

CarAudio.com Recruit
San Diego
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
So some factory head units limit low frequency sound to help protect the weak factory speakers.

I'm no pro, but the gist is can you find a clean signal with your head unit?

Some audio processors can restore a signal that has been limited, if you can't get a full signal.
Yea i just went to the shop and theyre exact words were “i recommend a new stereo, just because a new HU would get you 8+ volts for preouts compared to a stock HU and an audio control LC7i” 😂

Bobbytwonames

Trigger Man!
5,000+ posts
Vegas
Yea i just went to the shop and theyre exact words were “i recommend a new stereo, just because a new HU would get you 8+ volts for preouts compared to a stock HU and an audio control LC7i” 😂
A 4 volt or 5 volt preout headunit will be just fine. I don't think they really make over 5 volt headunits anymore. Are you single or double din? I'm guessing double din. Look at the Kenwood Excelon series.

Create account or login to post/reply

You must be a member in order to post a message.

Create account

Register now to post new messages.

Already have an account? Log in here.