Help Please!

619Thump

CarAudio.com Recruit
San Diego
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I was wrong. This Pioneer has 7 volt preouts. That's pretty good.

View attachment 44932
Hey i was actually looking at a video right now and i noticed he said theres switches inside the LC7i converter, also i noticed he said something about full range signal by pressing a button inside the converter called “auto mode” and it turns the signal from a 4 channel setup, and turns it into a 6 channel and gives a full signal. Does this possibly mean that i could avoid getting a new HU? Im no pro, i only install systems if they have an aftermarkket HU and ive never used an output converter like the lc7.

Bobbytwonames

Trigger Man!
5,000+ posts
Vegas
Hey i was actually looking at a video right now and i noticed he said theres switches inside the LC7i converter, also i noticed he said something about full range signal by pressing a button inside the converter called “auto mode” and it turns the signal from a 4 channel setup, and turns it into a 6 channel and gives a full signal. Does this possibly mean that i could avoid getting a new HU? Im no pro, i only install systems if they have an aftermarkket HU and ive never used an output converter like the lc7.
I'm. No pro converter guy either. I'm running my shit old school. @Popwarhomie or @audiobaun should know. They are pretty smart guys.

619Thump

CarAudio.com Recruit
San Diego
I'm. No pro converter guy either. I'm running my shit old school. @Popwarhomie or @audiobaun should know. They are pretty smart guys.
Yea my suburban i had a alpine 172bt with sky high rcas and direct wires from speaker to the amp, ive never had this issue, even the same subs/box in my old car with a cheat converter were hitting the lows but now its not

619Thump

CarAudio.com Recruit
San Diego
Type @Popwarhomie or @audiobaun and you should be able to click on their names. That will directly contact them.
This is what they were saying on the thread that i needed a full range signal and according to audiocontrol themselves it does do that, so why is everyone say
new vehicle or HU.....LOL
I was doing my research all day today, it turns out audiocontrol themselves claim that the LC7i can give a full range signal. so this technically means i dont need a hu correct? or am i just completely wrong?

Attachments

Bobbytwonames

Trigger Man!
5,000+ posts
Vegas
This is what they were saying on the thread that i needed a full range signal and according to audiocontrol themselves it does do that, so why is everyone say

I was doing my research all day today, it turns out audiocontrol themselves claim that the LC7i can give a full range signal. so this technically means i dont need a hu correct? or am i just completely wrong?
You better have a blue tooth amp.

1aespinoza

Pharr, Texas

You are correct. The LC7i are made to avoid the need of replacing the headunit. The Accubass feature is the bass restoration program.

619Thump

CarAudio.com Recruit
San Diego
Yes. The LC7i should be mounted in an accessible area for this very purpose. It is easy to mount next to the amp, so it makes no sense to tuck it behind the radio.
i remember wheen i got it installed thee guy said “we install it close to the radio so its easier to run wires to it” but then i went back to the shop today and he said “oh well maybe accubass isnt turned up” so now hes just taking guesses trying to make me spend money

• Sad
Reactions: audiobaun

619Thump

CarAudio.com Recruit
San Diego
That is what it sounded like when he suggested a new radio. TBH, I thought Accubass was an automatic feature. From what I have skimmed on the manual, I never saw a "turn on" button being mentioned for Accubass.
idk that audio shop is allways just trying to screw me over though, they popped my speaker when they first installed it annd when i went back he didnt want to give a new pair

some dude

CarAudio.com Regular
Virginia
Sounds like a shitty shop to me, sorry to hear.

Do your research, find out if your LC7i should be capable, and confront the shop about it.

They took your money and it's not working correctly. You didn't pay them to do an incorrect install, how is any of this your fault?

• Thanks
Reactions: audiobaun

Create account or login to post/reply

You must be a member in order to post a message.

Create account

Register now to post new messages.

Already have an account? Log in here.