Help Please

We've already answered this thread before bud. The amp only does 1200 rms at best. I'd actually keep the sub, scrap the amp and get a good box along with beefing up your electrical system.
Because whatever you are trying to do, its waste of money

Unless you just want us to say what you want to hear.... Again if your orion 10 is doing this, Its completely your install thats at fault. That ppi is a craptastic amp at best.

Yeah my orion was nowhere near that. But i think the electrical is to blame. Suggestions for an amp? I thought that was a good one. But I already sold the sub. Had it in a custom built box from Migraine Kustoms. Big 3 is a must have. But I still don't think with just that the orion would get anywhere near whats in this video. Plus building a box for my car is difficult. Its a spacious trunk but it has a small entrance. 12 inches tall is about as tall as the box could be. I am just getting more opinions with the repost though still new and couldn't figure out how to see my old post. But now i know.

if u cant fit fu 12's in there try sundown e v3 10's, u cab get both and a custom box for $500 less.. tahoe said amp is 1200rms it'll be fine for those, i wanta say get 1 sa 12 or 15 but u said u can't fit a 12 box.. honestly if problem was sub u had was under powered most any 2 10's u put in there will be louder twice the cone area, u could do 2 ct sounds 10" tropos 450rms each good reviews they like $97 each amazon..

What about a sundown audio x8 on the current setup (plus big 3)
dude thats a big *** sub (well motor i mean) also they aren't what some would musical tahoe has 15's (i think) he said something along those lines, he can tell if it'll work, i'd think 2 10's sa or even E be better some peeps go to 8's and aren't happy if u go to just 1 idk.. but the is outta my league.. if u did 2 E 10's ported i bet u be happy and they probably cheaper..

HDS210 Dual 4

Id run a pair of these in 3.0-4.0@34-36 htz on approx 2k..Big3 in 0 ga,with 0 ga supply to a distro block with a min of 2 decent agm batts.If you can not get your electrical /supply in tact,its almost useless for supply and demand/results.

SoundQubed HDS310

Ive been running a pair of these for a while @2ohms mono(approx 1500-1700 rms) in the CRV,and have enjoyed them,and still do.XFLs are a great sub to look into for 10" also,pretty brute subs that take a beating and sound great in the right enclosure as well for the money.Just other options to be considered of course.But if your electrical is weak...so is your supply for demand.Takes power to make power.And along with that takes funds as well.That $500 will most likely eat that $500 budget up, with good wiring,good batteries,and blocks/fuses,terminals,grommets,ect.Decent HU,RCAs,Amp,sub/subs,Tuned enclosure,...Set a real Budget and also lay out your system and start looking and pricing.There are some great used items that can be found for the money as well.

Yeah my orion was nowhere near that. But i think the electrical is to blame. Suggestions for an amp? I thought that was a good one. But I already sold the sub. Had it in a custom built box from Migraine Kustoms. Big 3 is a must have. But I still don't think with just that the orion would get anywhere near whats in this video. Plus building a box for my car is difficult. Its a spacious trunk but it has a small entrance. 12 inches tall is about as tall as the box could be. I am just getting more opinions with the repost though still new and couldn't figure out how to see my old post. But now i know.
Electrical upgrades only do so much. The amp used must be decent quality as well. I'd recommend an orion xtr 2500.1 if you are on a budget. Or twisted sounds 3.5k if you plan on running half ohm.

Alt and batteries must be on par to keep up with a better amp, big 3 is a definite given. 0 gauge or thicker, have a battery by the amp if possible as well.

Electrical upgrades only do so much. The amp used must be decent quality as well. I'd recommend an orion xtr 2500.1 if you are on a budget. Or twisted sounds 3.5k if you plan on running half ohm.
Alt and batteries must be on par to keep up with a better amp, big 3 is a definite given. 0 gauge or thicker, have a battery by the amp if possible as well.
Is my amp not good enough? I thought it was a pretty decent one.

Not often that a brand goes from great to junk, then comes back to selling good products again. Nice job, Orion.
There are already idiots on facebook that start claiming that this is a 6 to 7k amp... I really wish he'd stop with these dynamic tests, they are beyond stupid.

I still think they are just doing this to get a fan base. MD has crap brands and all of a sudden they buy out Orion and it's amazing at a few cents a watt. Orion has never been cheap. Even when DEI was killing them.

IMO there is a good chance they will drop the quality mid line up and not say anything.

It won't be the first time it's happened. Just recently it happened to all the maxxsonics and Eplision buy outs.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.