Help Please

I have a Precision Power PPI BA5000.1D amplifier. A stock electrical system. And a custom box for a 10' subwoofer tuned to 32hz. I had an Orion HCCA 10.2 but I think that I wasn't giving it the power it deserved. What do you think would be the best SPL sub or subs I could get? I was looking at maybe doing 2 12's or 2 10's idk but I need more bass than what I had. I don't think it was the subs fault but I cant find a HOA for my car so the electrical has to be stock or doable with the big 3 upgrade. I have welding wire grounded and powered to the battery going to the amp. 4 gauge welding wire so its ofc. Just looking for something that's super loud and around $500. I can get a box made or make one but The sub or subs themselves need to be around $500. Any ideas?

I love your location. Went there for 1st time last year and later on actually got rained on, pretty hard lol. That would be my 3rd time in FL.

I'd say 2 12's if you want loud. What vehicle?

I have a Precision Power PPI BA5000.1D amplifier. A stock electrical system. And a custom box for a 10' subwoofer tuned to 32hz. I had an Orion HCCA 10.2 but I think that I wasn't giving it the power it deserved. What do you think would be the best SPL sub or subs I could get? I was looking at maybe doing 2 12's or 2 10's idk but I need more bass than what I had. I don't think it was the subs fault but I cant find a HOA for my car so the electrical has to be stock or doable with the big 3 upgrade. I have welding wire grounded and powered to the battery going to the amp. 4 gauge welding wire so its ofc. Just looking for something that's super loud and around $500. I can get a box made or make one but The sub or subs themselves need to be around $500. Any ideas?
2 sundown sa 12's b stock or 2 fu 750 12's should work om that amp unless i'm under estimating amp rms., well it says 2500rms if thats real u could get fu 1250's..

lol you must go to erau i just graduated there last year

how much room are you actually willing to give up for an enclosure?

lol you must go to erau i just graduated there last year
how much room are you actually willing to give up for an enclosure?
I graduate this year lol. And all of it.

---------- Post added at 02:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:31 PM ----------

I was also looking at the re audio sxx 12's any thoughts on those?

[quote name='FlyBoy0112']I graduate this year lol. And all of it.

---------- Post added at 02:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:31 PM ----------

I was also looking at the re audio sxx 12's any thoughts on those?[/QUOTE]

RE isn't what it used to be, not that they're bad subs. id go with the cab ultra's just because of how brutally loud ive heard they can be.

take the rms numbers as a grain of salt, and more of a marketing thing. things arent standardized as much as you may be used to in aviation

honestly one nice 15 with 2-3kw rms will be plenty loud ive been more than content with a single 15 setup but im also at a much higher power level

if there was more data id tell you to get this: http://www.ficaraudio.com/

but im a sucker for fi. any data on it yet @Jeffdachef ?

The Rms is real on the amp but will my car on stock electrical be able to put out 2500?
doubt it., probably play h*ll on headlights.. do big 3 if u gonna run that power, but u ain't gotta run all of it get more efficent sub.. i'm trying to stay 800 rms or less, my car 13 yrs old with valve cover leak (recall on it so will be fixed free) i already need a new battery trying to kill this one totally so i can save some $ with warranty and as i've said i'm lazy and don't wanta run wires under my hood, battery right beside supercharger pulley and radiator., to much like work..

Last edited by a moderator:
The Rms is real on the amp but will my car on stock electrical be able to put out 2500?
We've already answered this thread before bud. The amp only does 1200 rms at best. I'd actually keep the sub, scrap the amp and get a good box along with beefing up your electrical system.

Because whatever you are trying to do, its waste of money

Unless you just want us to say what you want to hear.... Again if your orion 10 is doing this, Its completely your install thats at fault. That ppi is a craptastic amp at best.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.