HELP PLEASE. pick out my door speakers

crownvicdriver
10+ year member

I am looking for some 6x8's for my crown victoria door speakers and 6x9's for the rear deck. Spending limit is in the 65 dollar range per pair. What are my best options. I am also looking for 5 1/4 coaxial or component speakers to go in all four doors. Looking to spend 60 a set. What are my best options?

BTW I am running a power acoustik 4 channel amp to my speakers. It claims to put out 90 watts RMS X 4 @ 2-ohms.

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/help.gif.cee8f684da1ba626487a8bc51152e1ec.gif

For that amount, I would recommend the Pioneer Revs, good sounding speakers. You could make a bracket to fit a 6.5 in the 6x8 opening, its not too hard. I have a set of Rockford Power Coaxials in my rear deck and a set of the Power Comps waiting for custom kicks and they are both nice sounding speakers. I would recommend either.

Ight. I kinda wanted to stay away from pioneer because my old ones blew on the amp. They do sound good though. Does pioneer make the rev in 5 1/4 also because I wanted to get a 5 1/4 added to each door and run the amp at 2-ohms per channel.

Ight. I kinda wanted to stay away from pioneer because my old ones blew on the amp. They do sound good though. Does pioneer make the rev in 5 1/4 also because I wanted to get a 5 1/4 added to each door and run the amp at 2-ohms per channel.

I dont believe so, I had a Pioneer book I got from a local dealer that had all there current stuff in there, but I think the Revs only come in a 6.5, oversized 6.5, and the 6x8/5x7 size.

Not at all. If the speakers sound good to your ears, that's all that matters.

Exactly, its your car, so thats all that really matters. I have MB Quart passives with my Rockford Comps but they sound fine to me. Im sure they would sound better active, but dont have the money for it now, //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crap.gif.7f4dd41e3e9b23fbd170a1ee6f65cecc.gif Looking foward how this turns out for you.

well the previous post about mixing brands is only really half true

can it sound good... yes...

but it can also sound bad

no speaker is perfect.. and usually come with some dips and peeks in their frequency response.. which can cause either a great - decent - or terrible effect to your music when you mix and match

my old rainbows for example - which sounded good on their own - did not blend at all with any speaker i put them up against. ideally you want one speaker playing a certain freq range.. and if not.. try to keep the rear speakers crossed kinda low

well the previous post about mixing brands is only really half true
can it sound good... yes...

but it can also sound bad

no speaker is perfect.. and usually come with some dips and peeks in their frequency response.. which can cause either a great - decent - or terrible effect to your music when you mix and match

my old rainbows for example - which sounded good on their own - did not blend at all with any speaker i put them up against. ideally you want one speaker playing a certain freq range.. and if not.. try to keep the rear speakers crossed kinda low
Do you suggest a certain beand speaker I should go with that's close to the price ranges listed above? I thought about doing mtx, but never heard anything but a 6x9 by them and they don't hold that many wats. I'm no sure if they could hold up to the amp and play loud as I wanna go without blowing.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.