SPL with a ZX750.1?

Why So Cereal?
5,000+ posts

Invisible Cereal
Thinking of trying to do an SPL setup just for a little fun outside of the constant tweaking for SQ.

Current amp is a Kicker ZX750.1 (0 gauge wires, batcap 800 in trunk)

What setup do you guys think would get me loud on the meter while still maintaining musicality?

No budget set really, the more it costs just the longer it'll take me to do it but thats no big deal.

Space = entire hatch of Scion tC

Open to any and all suggestions.

With that car cone area isn't going to happen. A single 15 or two 10s is what I would do if I had to start over again. You just can't get enough port area with dual 12s unless you tune in the 40s.

With that car cone area isn't going to happen. A single 15 or two 10s is what I would do if I had to start over again. You just can't get enough port area with dual 12s unless you tune in the 40s.
tuning in the 40s isnt that bad if done right.

With that power... Cone area is key..
I agree, think 2 12s is enough? I doubt I'd be able to effectively do 2 15s ported in the space nor one 18.

considered 3 10s but then I'd have a funky ohm load that might not get full power from my amp.

even with "lesser" subs? they may not need as much enclosure volume so I could do extra port area and still tune low but sacrifice volume.....idk though, youve actually done SPL in a tC.

even with "lesser" subs? they may not need as much enclosure volume so I could do extra port area and still tune low but sacrifice volume.....idk though, youve actually done SPL in a tC.

You have under 5 cubes total. Take 3 cubes for subs .75 for displacement. That leaves not much for bracing and port area. My box maxes it out

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.