Help out a noobie over here.

Participant count
  • Participant list

Joey Grainey Nickerson

CarAudio.com Newbie
Hello, I've been having issues with my newly installed and even the oem speakers i had before.  Plosives and pronunciations of the letter 's' make my speakers hiss and crackle badly (I guess you would call that clipping right?) What can I do to solve this? Is it a stereo unit problem? Wiring problem?

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello, I've been having issues with my newly installed and even the oem speakers i had before.  Plosives and pronunciations of the letter 's' make my speakers hiss and crackle badly (I guess you would call that clipping right?) What can I do to solve this? Is it a stereo unit problem? Wiring problem?
Best to describe precisely what equipment you are using and what you have done so far. 

Duh. That would help. Well I'm driving a 2001 nissan sentra. I took out the oem speakers cuz one was blown. And I put in 4,  6.5" pioneer ts-a652f speakers. I have nothing else done. Literally just threw the speakers in with some spliced/soldered wires.

OK, some other suggestions for you:

• take one of the speakers out and test with another speaker to see if the problem persists, if it does, then its your head unit issue;  If its the speaker then it should be replaced;
  • Make sure your speakers are not touching door chassis causing a short circuit;
  • There could only be two issues, either the head unit or the speakers itself so it should be easy to rectify;
  • Check the speaker wires as well, maybe it could be frayed along and causing issue, so check the wires as well,  if possible, run another set of pairs from the head unit.
  • Check the speaker wires behind the head unit and run a test wire to your car speaker and see if the problem still persists, if it is clear then the culprit could be the speaker wire some where along the line, best run new wires in that case;
Hope this helps mate!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.