Help!!!!! One of my 2 month old CDT's just took a crap on me!!!

how could i possibly have done anything wrong with it? I set the gain with a DMM, i don't listen to it loud, and the crossover is set more than high enough.
I'm sorry for being a jerk seriously, but I did read that your crossover was floating in water or some BS like that. Might wanna get that checked out... //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/eyebrow.gif.fe2c18d8720fe8c7eaed347b21ea05a5.gif

wow, thanks, you guys are a real help. Well from my point of view, it seems that CDT is garbage if indeed my right speaker blew out already, so i guess i should spread the word.
One isolated incident of illogicality isn't enough to rationalize running around spreading complete and utter ********.

I'll even simplify - you've failed at life and the world of mobile electronics, so don't go talking trash about products because you'll simply become the laughing stock of other message forums ... because we all know you're an idiot.

I suggest not replying to my post ... I'm extremely 'thread lock and delete' happy tonight.

I'm sorry for being a jerk seriously, but I did read that your crossover was floating in water or some BS like that. Might wanna get that checked out... //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/eyebrow.gif.fe2c18d8720fe8c7eaed347b21ea05a5.gif

the stupid place that installed them installed them in a spot where all the water in my door rests, but i moved those a while ago. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/redface.gif.62fdbfe1a101588a808c4cff71bcb942.gif

I would take the speakers out, and test them with dmm, or try hooking them up to another source in your house. Maybe something went wrong with your crossover. Im not saying the speakers messed up because of you, because sometimes products are faulty, no matter how good the brand is. Do what I suggested, and then get back at us.

Good luck

I would take the speakers out, and test them with dmm, or try hooking them up to another source in your house. Maybe something went wrong with your crossover. Im not saying the speakers messed up because of you, because sometimes products are faulty, no matter how good the brand is. Do what I suggested, and then get back at us.

the problem is, tommorow i move into college, and i really don't have an in house source to hook them up to. I can buy a DMM, but you would have to briefly explain how i would use that to test them. As far as shops go, i will be living in Amherst, MA, and there is basically one ricer audio shop there, and thats it. How do i tell if its a crossover or speaker issue?

I can understand one of the drivers failing because of a manu. defect of some sort, but both of them failing in such a short amount of time points to user error. So definately get all your schtick checked out before blaming CDT.

I can understand one of the drivers failing because of a manu. defect of some sort, but both of them failing in such a short amount of time points to user error. So definately get all your schtick checked out before blaming CDT.

The left one is perfectly fine. It was making a gurlging nosie for a week, then all of a sudden stopped. Then that same problem starting happening with the right speaker, and now its gotten much worse. THere is nothing wrong with the left speaker right now though.

I think the only thing i can do now is bring it to a shop near my school. What is a fair price for a place to charge to diagnose it for me? IM sick of trying to self diagnose stuff, and i just want it to work.

No, its just that from my point of view, CDT is complete crap if the speaker can't last 2 months set at a 100hz crossover without blowing out.
Soundsplinter is crap to:rolleyes: Is this the same shop that wired your amp to your fusebox?//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/eyebrow.gif.fe2c18d8720fe8c7eaed347b21ea05a5.gif

Soundsplinter is crap to:rolleyes: Is this the same shop that wired your amp to your fusebox?//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/eyebrow.gif.fe2c18d8720fe8c7eaed347b21ea05a5.gif

No. Now i have to leave for school tommrow, and all there is a ricer shop that does steroes too, and a best buy. So i have to take my pic of the two evils i guess, i really need this fixed, and im not gonna send the speaker/crossover in for service unless im sure that is the problem.

should i just bring this thing to the shop or best buy (the only two audio places around my school, its in the middle of nowhere) to get it diagnosed?

Both a ricer shop and best buy sound like bad ideas. I think you are having all this bad luck because you are unwilling to learn the right way to do everything from the start. Grow some balls and browse through the wealth of knowledge available to you, then you won't have to rely on shitty shops ****ing everything up. This is not something really hard to diagnose.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.